The Old Folks Home

"Interesting" chart in the paper today for Vermont for the next 90 days based on some computer model.
  • If we do nothing, > 70% will get the virus, 13,000 will die, hospitals overloaded on April 7th
  • If we practice social distancing for 90 days, > 70% will get the virus, 9,000 will die, hospitals overloaded on April 19th
  • If we shelter in place for 90 days, 7% will get the virus, < 1,000 will die, hospitals not overloaded in the 90 day timeframe
  • If we do Wuhan-style lockdown, < 1% will get the virus, < 1,000 will die, hospitals never overloaded
Vermont's population is 624,000.

The numbers I'm seeing on worldometer are just so depressing. I can hardly stand to look anymore. There is no way we are going to be anywhere close to normal ever again. I have the feeling that the world will never be the same again.

I am so surprised that Missouri isn't locked down yet.We have 670 cases and 9 dead. I'm sure it will happen but the big question is when. We are all pretty much locked down as it is. May as well make it formal.

The numbers I'm seeing on worldometer are just so depressing. I can hardly stand to look anymore. There is no way we are going to be anywhere close to normal ever again. I have the feeling that the world will never be the same again.

I am so surprised that Missouri isn't locked down yet.We have 670 cases and 9 dead. I'm sure it will happen but the big question is when. We are all pretty much locked down as it is. May as well make it formal.
Yes, things are going to change.

I don't know if I mentioned it on here, but our doctor, has more recently said he thought we had C-19 back in Jan., when we adults had the flu. Today, that was pretty much confirmed, and we know the source. In addition, the source's son has been tested, but they're sure the results will be positive. We were warned, if he sneaks down here during the next 2 weeks, to call them, and they'll come get him. Our grands have been warned that he's sick, and if he comes here, they're to come inside immediately, and tell us.

Back
Top Bottom