The Old Folks Home

That is good because if one lives alone and can't leave the house they will have no food.

And since this is the old folks home -
DW's 73 Y/O cousin delivering chocolate to their 102 Y/O aunt at her apartment in the retirement community. I see that they are practicing safe personal distance. It isn't gated so I guess he could drive in. No way to do that at Dad's in So. Cal. NO visitors are allowed through the gate.

I'm sure Alan couldn't have gone into the building, the place is locked down big time. Prepared food delivered to each residence, they can go get their mail only every other day and at designated times by the first letter of their last name. Visiting with other residents limited to sitting in the corners of common rooms so they are 6' distant. So far no report of the virus there. Sadly 6 have died at a rehab/nursing home in Burlington.

View attachment 2063364
Must be so hard for them.

:(

My dad always tested positive when he got a TB test. They said at some point in time he was exposed but never got it, natural immunity or something like it. They just told him to not get any more tests but ask for a chest xray instead. Never showed any signs of TB.

I on the other hand, appear to be immune to small pox. They have tried to vaccinate me on 4 separate occasions. Each time the vaccine never 'took'. 10 years ago my doctor at the time asked me about my vaccinations and couldn't find anything about small pox. I told him my history and he told me that was impossible. We kicked it back and forth and finally he said I was going to get 'vaccinated' again because nobody was immune to small pox. I shrugged and told him it was his time and my money he was wasting but go ahead. He did, his nurse marked the spot with a magic marker and told me to come back in a week, the doctor wanted to check it personally. I told her to make sure and write down which arm and the location.

Sure enough, the next week I went back and showed the doc my arm. No sign of a reaction to the vaccine. No red mark, no scab. He rubbed my arm, checked the location, looked for the magic marker circle, found it. No nothin. He set back with his jaw slack and informed me I was the first naturally immune person he had ever heard of when it came to small pox. It just didn't happen.

I told him, well, obviously it does happen because here I am and tell me why? He shrugged and said that maybe I was somehow exposed to it but never developed it, my immune system fighting it off or I was genetically immune.......

I'm betting the latter.

My dad always tested positive when he got a TB test. They said at some point in time he was exposed but never got it, natural immunity or something like it. They just told him to not get any more tests but ask for a chest xray instead. Never showed any signs of TB.

I on the other hand, appear to be immune to small pox. They have tried to vaccinate me on 4 separate occasions. Each time the vaccine never 'took'. 10 years ago my doctor at the time asked me about my vaccinations and couldn't find anything about small pox. I told him my history and he told me that was impossible. We kicked it back and forth and finally he said I was going to get 'vaccinated' again because nobody was immune to small pox. I shrugged and told him it was his time and my money he was wasting but go ahead. He did, his nurse marked the spot with a magic marker and told me to come back in a week, the doctor wanted to check it personally. I told her to make sure and write down which arm and the location.

Sure enough, the next week I went back and showed the doc my arm. No sign of a reaction to the vaccine. No red mark, no scab. He rubbed my arm, checked the location, looked for the magic marker circle, found it. No nothin. He set back with his jaw slack and informed me I was the first naturally immune person he had ever heard of when it came to small pox. It just didn't happen.

I told him, well, obviously it does happen because here I am and tell me why? He shrugged and said that maybe I was somehow exposed to it but never developed it, my immune system fighting it off or I was genetically immune.......

I'm betting the latter.
I thought everyone got the small pox vaccine as babies? Right?

Why were you getting it after you were grown?

(And yes, I know they stopped that....at done point... my kids never got the vaccine)

Back
Top Bottom