The Old Folks Home

Yesterday was my Monday at work. Heard they sent a guy home, what for? :eek:
He's 70yrs old. Getting paid to sit home.
Guess they enacted some law that if your over 70 or have underlying health problems you can't work right now.
He looks and acts like he's 50 and I know he would rather be working. Bet he isn't too happy about it. But I guess it's better to be safe.

I just read an article on one of the news feeds that stated that China is discovering that 10% of the recovered victims of the Corona virus are still testing positive for the disease...which means the way that news from there has been white washed, the percentage is probably more like 45-50 if not higher.

Which means that these people are silent spreaders, still contaminating everything they breathe on or touch.

Oh well, I love my husband and our critters, I love our 29 acre farm/park. I can live with never leaving home or being in the same room with other people unless I'm wearing a mask and rubber gloves....and a hazmat suit..

Time to think up some really snappy patterns for mask covers!

I just read an article on one of the news feeds that stated that China is discovering that 10% of the recovered victims of the Corona virus are still testing positive for the disease...which means the way that news from there has been white washed, the percentage is probably more like 45-50 if not higher.

Which means that these people are silent spreaders, still contaminating everything they breathe on or touch.

Oh well, I love my husband and our critters, I love our 29 acre farm/park. I can live with never leaving home or being in the same room with other people unless I'm wearing a mask and rubber gloves....and a hazmat suit..

Can't that also just mean that they have immunity, and the test isn't sensitive enough to tell the difference between immunity and currently active?

I understood that that is a problem with the TB test. People who were vaccinated against TB, and are NOT spreading the disease, test as if they currently have it and are spreading it.

Depending upon the infectious agent 'disease' can be many faceted. When exposed to the disease some seem to have a natural immunity, some are 'ill' but show no signs, some get ill and die, some get evidently ill recover and have immunity, some get ill, recover and carry/shed the organism. I, too, have read information indicating that the latter may be happening with this virus. That's scary.

Now, all of that came from some hidden recess in my ancient brain cells where it has hidden from my college years.

Yesterday was my Monday at work. Heard they sent a guy home, what for? :eek:
He's 70yrs old. Getting paid to sit home.
Guess they enacted some law that if your over 70 or have underlying health problems you can't work right now.
He looks and acts like he's 50 and I know he would rather be working. Bet he isn't too happy about it. But I guess it's better to be safe.
Here California everyone over 65 is supposed to stay home. It is voluntary though

I made a mask last night, and wore it on my shopping trip today.

Here California everyone over 65 is supposed to stay home. It is voluntary though
That is good because if one lives alone and can't leave the house they will have no food.

And since this is the old folks home -
DW's 73 Y/O cousin delivering chocolate to their 102 Y/O aunt at her apartment in the retirement community. I see that they are practicing safe personal distance. It isn't gated so I guess he could drive in. No way to do that at Dad's in So. Cal. NO visitors are allowed through the gate.

I'm sure Alan couldn't have gone into the building, the place is locked down big time. Prepared food delivered to each residence, they can go get their mail only every other day and at designated times by the first letter of their last name. Visiting with other residents limited to sitting in the corners of common rooms so they are 6' distant. So far no report of the virus there. Sadly 6 have died at a rehab/nursing home in Burlington.

IMG-0655.JPG

Back
Top Bottom