The Old Folks Home

I thought everyone got the small pox vaccine as babies? Right?

Why were you getting it after you were grown?

(And yes, I know they stopped that....at done point... my kids never got the vaccine)
Because nobody believed us, my mother, me, when we told them I was immune. I guess it is really that rare for somebody to have natural immunity to small pox.

Because nobody believed us, my mother, me, when we told them I was immune. I guess it is really that rare for somebody to have natural immunity to small pox.
I guess they would have said "who cares" since they stopped handing out the shot anyway... in maybe 1971???

@Mtn Margie I don't know if I'm that desperate for money, LOL. Seems as though I've been a guinea pig most of my life when it comes to medicine.

Morning all! So we finally found out where the mystery C-19 patient is in our county. There were two that tested positive. One was a railroad worker from Chicago who tested positive here and then went back home so he is showing up as a Chi-town positive and another who is a resident but since he tested positive in another county, he came home and is self isolating at his home which is in the county. Yeah I know, didn't make any sense to me either but that is how skewered the system is.

Hope everyone is well and stays that way. They are calling for thunderstorms, some possibly severe today starting this afternoon so this morning my goal is to go out and move some more soil before it decides to rain on us.

As for the no more handshaking, I like this greeting

1585319479685.png
g.....

Dad was one of those immune to TB. All his sisters survived it, through hospitilization.

Docs said dont get tested again. for him.

Oh and here most grocery stores here in San Diego will let you call in and order they will deliver free or allow you to pick up curbside. I am sixty four but have underlying health issues. My son has Asthma so I am pretty much staying at home.

deb

@penny1960 DON'T YOU DARE GET THE BUG!

@perchie.girl! Hey Girl! How ya doin? How is that house project shaping up and yes, DON'T YOU DARE GET THE BUG EITHER!

Here we keep thinking of projects we need to do and DH says, We need to get some 4X4 posts next time we go into town....I give him a raised eyebrow look and he says...oh, yeah, I forgot we can't go into town...

Seriously, with the spike in cases across the US to astronomical proportions my plan is to hunker down until it peaks. What I'm reading now says maybe 2 weeks until that happens.

In the mean time, I'm looking for seed potatoes and just can't justify buying 10 for 19.95 from Burpee Seeds when I can get them for 59 cents a pound at the local Amish seed store...but I can't go tot he local Amish seed store:he So my frustration mounts.

Maybe sort through the tater bin and see what's sproutin there!

Back
Top Bottom