The Old Folks Home

DH started tilling for me today. Weather here remains beautiful, like a compensation for the world going completely off center around us all.

I switched over to layer pellets. My flock is not impressed. I told them eat the danged pellets or it's Amish hog mash for all of them! They obviously have more taste buds than we give them credit for possessing because they know what they like.

Spring is definitely here. DH was running the chain saw yesterday and I walked behind him getting sprayed with chips from whatever he was cutting. This morning I woke up with poison ivy on my throat and neck....I like it when normal things happen these days.
Chickens are funny!

They will eat the pellets when they're hungry enough

Love the chick pics!

All day yesterday, the wind blew hard, the sky got dark, and it stayed that way all day. We just knew we were in for a good rainstorm. Later in the evening, there was black cloud cover, strong winds, and lightening. Yes, it was going to pour. A little later, here it comes. Rain. It rained all of 10 minutes.
The joy of a hot climate

Me?

From yesterday
20200331_111637.jpg
20200331_111729.jpg

@CapricornFarm. Those pics are adorable!

@penny1960, what a darling tiny fluff ball. Are you going to stuff the new babies under your silkie?

Nope let it grow up with the Cochin there are 5 half grown the ones that are broody are mothering them letting them under ones skirt the other has the eggs

Bus driver told me I needed to get out of the house and walk around the neighborhood like I used too. But I am afraid, I really haven't walked since I was eligible for the bus.

The mean lady with the even meaner loose dogs was evicted but, my memory won't let go of "us threatening each other, and the harassing by her three OVERSIZE KIDS. :( I told her if any of her mutts bit me I would sue the "coconuts," off her. *

Her"mean dogs," used to like me when she first got them and always wanted me to pet them.
Then after awhile they changed personalities - think she was probably "sic-ing" them on me.
They were all fear biters tho. If I turned around to face them, they ran off. Made it hard though to walk home backwards tho.

Back
Top Bottom