The Old Folks Home

Thank you. :)

Thank you.
That's great they got it all at once. :)
I had basal cell skin cancer on the side of my nose, they took out a big circle and used a circle of skin from my neck to patch it. Color doesnt match, it didnt "take", so I have a light colored circular scar. But, Im not dead and now Im old and over the cosmetic issue.

Morning everyone. I'm sitting here with a cuppa in my hand trying to get awake.The sun is shining, tho, and it looks like it is going to be a beautiful, if soggy day. Hopefully it will try and dry out a bit.

Around here it is tough to sell anything due to competition from the Amish around us. Every household seems to be selling something, plants, butter, eggs, garden seeds, molasses, produce, firewood. Sometimes I expect to see a sign in one of their front yards saying 'children for sale'. Wouldn't surprise me in the least :gigOnce early on in my chicken keeping, I put out a sign offering cockerels for 5$ apiece. No takers. Finally had to give them away....and deliver them to get rid of them....good grief is all I can say. Since I have had Marek's in my flock that cancels out taking them to the local sale barn. Plus around here if I did they would be bought for illegal fighting (they are game bird mixes) or dog training and I cannot abide by either possibility happening.

So it's either keep them or send them to freezer camp. And folks wonder why I have so many roosters!:confused:

Morning Old Folks sitting here waking with cup coffee
Sick to death about St Paul right now, how could that have happened
what part of them stood there while that was done?

4 officers have lost their jobs over the death of George Floyd; an investigation into it has resulted in one of them being arrested (developing story, so there may be more to follow). I understand the anger of the protesters, but the looting and burning has got to stop. As one person said to a reporter, "we are burning down our own neighborhood." With the economy already in a tailspin all over the country, who is going to risk rebuilding the mess they are making? Not many, not soon. I sure hope someone manages to grow a brain and get things under control there soon. In the meantime, you get stupid things like a (biracial) CNN reporter getting arrested on live TV, by officers in riot gear who haven't a clue what they are doing, other than following orders. :th

Hello - Bama here, and I guess Im old too! So, we can be friends :)
I have a chick addiction. Yes I do. I have 30 plus. And guineas , well one guinea and four keets.
And a boyfriend and two cats and an African Grey. and a huge humongous garden.

Welcome to Old Folks Home. Does your parrot talk? A friend of mine had one that visiting friends couldn't tell what it was saying while I was ROFL. It was screaming her husband's name.. "John! John!! JOHN!!!" Smart birds.

(As an aside: I got all excited thinking it was Bama Dude posting. Anybody know whatever happened to him?)

I bought 30 pullets today. I have 5 incubators running and one ready to clean. I have no idea how many chicks I have as it changes daily. Hatch more, sell more, buy some, the 10 broodies hatch more. Thank goodness the swaps are starting soon!

Sounds like chicken math is happening!

4 officers have lost their jobs over the death of George Floyd; an investigation into it has resulted in one of them being arrested (developing story, so there may be more to follow). I understand the anger of the protesters, but the looting and burning has got to stop.

It's not an either/or situation. Two wrongs don't make a right.

- - - -
Chicka --
I had a whole slew of keloid bumps and minor skin growths on my nose. A competent esthetician can burn them off and leave no scar.

- - -
Love the story about the beard on nose graft. My uncle had a skin cancer removed from the top of his bald head. They grafted groin tissue up there and, yes, he sprouted a patch of pubes!
:lau

- - -

Very sunny here today. Hummingbirds at the feeder. Roses blooming despite the late frost. Grass is growing and getting shaggy. It's a little bit of decidedly all right sitting on the back patio enjoying it all. Knees are getting creaky and dysfunctional, but being outside and doing reminds me I'm still alive and being somewhat productive. Sure beats the alternative!

Back
Top Bottom