The Old Folks Home

Happy belated birthday!

Thank you. :)

Sorry to hear about the nose issue. I had skin cancer on my face, and had Moh's surgery. They got it all the first time.

Thank you.
That's great they got it all at once. :)

HI chicka. Nice to see you again. My dad had a place on his nose. Instead of taking from his cheek, the doctor claimed there would be better blood flow (vein, arterie?) from his forehead. It took several months, and several doctor visits, but when it was all done, it looked really good.

1 lone duckling is WAY messier than a bunch of chicks.

We finally got some good rain this afternoon. The prediction is thunderstorms, and scattered showers for the next 5 days. Hopefully, it won't all bypass us.

Thank you.
That's nice your dads Dr. thought of him.
We got rain the last three days over 4". Our yard looks like a lake. lol

Hi Bruce! :frow

We got a bit more information on the antibody test. The semi-rapid test, is fairly accurate if given within 2 weeks after recovery. Anything longer than that, and it's only about 50% accurate. Further sequencing, indicates we do have antibodies, meaning we did have it, however, the antibody count is not nearly as high as someone that has more recently recovered.

They are saving the data, to be used in assessing how high of a count will still provide decent protection, and/or how long the protection lasts.

I had basal cell cancer at tip of nose, a few years ago & 2 rounds of mohs surgery. Dr. grafted from skin from near my eye to fill in the depression- can still see where the stitches were. But, it is what it is.

Near your eye? Wow there is not much skin there! But it's great they took care of it all at once. :)

I am terrible at remembering to send cards. Mostly because I don't drive any more. Makes it harder to get to the store to pick them out.

Hello - Bama here, and I guess Im old too! So, we can be friends :)
I have a chick addiction. Yes I do. I have 30 plus. And guineas , well one guinea and four keets.
And a boyfriend and two cats and an African Grey. and a huge humongous garden.
I bought 30 pullets today. I have 5 incubators running and one ready to clean. I have no idea how many chicks I have as it changes daily. Hatch more, sell more, buy some, the 10 broodies hatch more. Thank goodness the swaps are starting soon!

chickadoodles - I have more B-day cards than any person could possibly send out. I can't resists buying them. If you need some I'd be glad to send some to you. Also loads of get well cards. My target stopped getting injured and I'm stuck with the cards.

Just send your mail address and I'll get them out. Most are cute/funny, but NOT x-rated ever

We got a bit more information on the antibody test. The semi-rapid test, is fairly accurate if given within 2 weeks after recovery. Anything longer than that, and it's only about 50% accurate. Further sequencing, indicates we do have antibodies, meaning we did have it, however, the antibody count is not nearly as high as someone that has more recently recovered.

They are saving the data, to be used in assessing how high of a count will still provide decent protection, and/or how long the protection lasts.

:hugs

I believe I had it in Dec. I got so sick I could not get over it. A lot of people I know also had something like what I had at the same time. But we had not been around each other.
I and they stayed sick well over 7-8 weeks. We all went to the Dr. in different towns and they just kept giving us antibiotics and cough meds. A couple were in the hospital.

Back
Top Bottom