The Old Folks Home

A day at the lake? Much better than my plans. We got the diesel tank dragged out of the shed so I can expand my coop. Now I'm off to scrape the floor, caulk cracks in the floor with cement and mow the grass around it.

Holding off building till it gets a tad cooler.
That sounds like my Friday from a couple of weeks ago....Taking a cut up hot tub to the land fill. It was not fun!

Love this one....

muzzles.jpg

They are here too, Cap. So are the flies. It stormed this afternoon. Nothing flies like better than wet. They died out a week ago and I thought the worst of the fly season was over. Nope. They're Baaaaaacccccck.

So my broody Screech is down to 2 viable eggs. 2 were clears. The other two are on day 10 and perkin right along. The eggs I took away from brainless last night are on day 3 and all four of them are showing signs of little spidies inside. I have 4 more in my incubator. One is from my layer of blue green eggs. I just have to try every now and then to see if I can get a fertile egg from her. She is a big girl and about the only rooster that can cover her is Tut...if he can catch her off her favorite roost bar. Little minx. She watches for him to leave and then gets down to scratch around.

It went from 88 degrees here to the current temp of 69 after thunderstorms rumbled through. Humidity is still 90% but the cooler temps are a treat.

I'm glad we got the diesel tank pulled out of the north end of the shed when we did. It wasn't an easy pull. DH calculated the weight of the Diesel fuel in the tank and the 500 gallon tank at around 1000 pounds. Good old Mahindra chug chugged it out of there without more than a slight spinning of it's front tires mainly due to wet grass.

Back
Top Bottom