bruceha2000

Enabler
Apr 19, 2012
NW Vermont

bruceha2000

Enabler
Apr 19, 2012
NW Vermont
Today I painted the inside of the front door with the paint I got from Sherwin Williams last week. I told the guy I was painting one side of one door that is 2/3 glass. He gave me a quart of "Color to Go". AFTER I painted the door I wanted to know what the dry time is and had to peel off the mixing label to read the label on the container. That info is not on the container but this is:
Sample colors are for sampling only, they must be topcoated.

I was sold this paint as a final coat, I was not told it was a color sample. I found numerous reviews on the SW site complaining about the same thing. Apparently the color will fade and/or the "paint" will flake. I have no idea what they expect one to topcoat with, maybe 2 cups from a gallon of very expensive paint? I've already paid nearly $9 for "not paint". I'll be back at the store tomorrow and there won't be a smile behind my mask.

CapricornFarm

Goat lover!
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
Our hound(we think Walker) and border collie mixed boy does the same thing. All I have to do is tell him to come on and help me take care of his chickie birds and he beats me out to the coop. He never goes in but he will lay out in the grass in front of the building and stand guard. If one of the birds gets loose all I have to tell him is a firm BUCK NO! and he won't even look at it, but he will occasionally glance at it just to see if it is still loose.

Yesterday he went up to the brooder. It was funny because Jude, the little cockerel came up to the door and was giving him that one eyed stick eye that they can pull off with the two little pullets behind him. Pretty impressive behavior for 4 weeks of age. Already willing to protect the girls. Buck wouldn't even look at him but I could see his eyes twitch in their direction every now and then.

We don't have almonds here. pecans are the big thing along with black walnuts and Hickory.

Me? I'm allergic to tree nuts so while we have the black walnuts and the Hickories, they stay in the timber and away from temptation.
Black walnuts make good stain.

microchick

Enabler
Dec 31, 2014
NE Missouri
Today I painted the inside of the front door with the paint I got from Sherwin Williams last week. I told the guy I was painting one side of one door that is 2/3 glass. He gave me a quart of "Color to Go". AFTER I painted the door I wanted to know what the dry time is and had to peel off the mixing label to read the label on the container. That info is not on the container but this is:

I was sold this paint as a final coat, I was not told it was a color sample. I found numerous reviews on the SW site complaining about the same thing. Apparently the color will fade and/or the "paint" will flake. I have no idea what they expect one to topcoat with, maybe 2 cups from a gallon of very expensive paint? I've already paid nearly $9 for "not paint". I'll be back at the store tomorrow and there won't be a smile behind my mask.
I bought some 'Behr' exterior paint in the 'sample' size in order to paint the mural on the side of the original coop. It lasted two years and is now peeling and cracking. Nope, not happy either so I share your pain.

Black walnuts make good stain.
Yeah, I found that out when I was a kid and helped my mother hull some. :lau Man I don't remember how long it took me to scrub, scour and wear off that stain on my hands but it sure make me wear gloves from that point on when I handled them.

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop

Dang... that would steam me...

I don't paint because I want to kill time and waste money. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom