The Old Folks Home

Today I truly feel like an OF. Yesterday I spent at the beagle club helping the dachshund people run a field trial. Heavy cover and stilt grass were rough on my legs. Went to get out of my recliner last night and both legs got cramps in the inner thigh muscles. Never have I had cramps so bad. The Princess said my face went gray. Quinine water helped stop the pain. Anyone else have suggestions for leg cramp prevention/cure?
It sounds like the classic over use of muscles and dehydration.

Eating potassium foods, getting enough salt and taking a magnesium supplement can often help along with drinking lots of water

Today I truly feel like an OF. Yesterday I spent at the beagle club helping the dachshund people run a field trial. Heavy cover and stilt grass were rough on my legs. Went to get out of my recliner last night and both legs got cramps in the inner thigh muscles. Never have I had cramps so bad. The Princess said my face went gray. Quinine water helped stop the pain. Anyone else have suggestions for leg cramp prevention/cure?
Gatorade

Thanks @CSolis and @CapricornFarm.
A friend who died earlier this summer gifted me all the used metal siding along with a huge roll of Chain link fencing.

You've got a legacy coop!

And all I did today was read... lol. Oh, I picked up pecans and pulled hulls off too.

Our pecans not quite ready yet. The neighbors and crows give me a heads-up when it's time as the birds try to open them at dawn on the skylights and the neighbors complain about it.

Do your hands get stained hulling? Tried that one year and looked like I had failed an auto mechanics course, but not for lack of trying.

- - -
I've got a project underway with replacing a row of old lilac bushes that line the driveway. No matter how much attentive pruning and watering, they just looked horrid and scraggly. I cursed them every time I walked outside. What will be replacing them are butterfly bushes (once a year maintenance) and Vitex (chaste), a nifty new patina stainless steel bed border, copious amounts of bark mulch and a line of solar lights. Should be spiffy once complete!

Anyway, a friend with a backhoe removed them and I've been relocating wayward iris to shadier spots so that I can transplant/relocate the peonies that were interspersed with the lilacs. Yesterday the peonies got dug up and divided. Lots of healthy eyes on the tubers, so hopefully they'll integrate well into their new and more hospitable surroundings.

Also took down a giant volunteer sunflower. It was close to 14-feet tall and like a Christmas tree in shape with multiple branches and hundreds of yellow flowers. Its trunk was 5.5" across and had to be sawed. One of the sunflower seeds from the nearby quail block, I gather. Our neighbor put up a 22-foot flagpole which garnered some attention (not all positive, either), but EVERYONE commented on the sunflower bush which was visible all the way up the country block. Next year there will be more sunflowers planted as they truly do brighten up the day.
:)

Good morning all. I'm a member of the stiff and sore club this morning but not surprised. I'm heading out to get some more work done before rain moves in.

As for the leg cramps, I am a sufferer also. My potassium levels can drop for some unknown reason that the docs can't figure out. I was told to keep lite salt or salt substitute on hand and use it when I get cramps. Doc told me it was the fastest way to bring up potassium levels outside of supplements.

Glad to hear that you had fun, Sour.

Back
Top Bottom