The Old Folks Home

CapricornFarm

Chicken addict
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
That's why we drive an 85 Mercedes and a 86 VW Jetta. No computers. In the event of an EMP, they are going to keep chugging along.

Cats as much as I love our 5 are walking bacteria factories. I have been bitten deep and scratched deep by two of our cats more times than I care to remember. So has DH. He showed one of his wounds to his dermatologist and the doc proceeded to tell him that a cat inflicted wound will infect before a dog bite will. He also said that they carry so many bacteria on their claws and teeth that it's frightening. He then told us. I won't have a cat in our house. I know too much about them as far as bacteria are concerned.

Yep, every scratch or bite I've received from a feline takes twice as long to heal as a dog inflicted wound. Plus I've wound up on antibiotics with cat bites.

Well, we got our first snow. Just a cat track but I didn't let the birds out. Too many are actively molting and the youngsters don't have the brains God gave a bag of hammers.

I did take Diesel out for his walk. Only 30° out at the time buy you can't argue with the little guy when he closes the door himself locking his brothers and sisters outside and then stands by the kitchen door and whines.

He also has a new trick. He has learned how to open the door. It's a door knob. We have no idea how he is doing it.
Boy, you sure opened a can of worms!
20201026_174100.jpg
20201026_174028.jpg

The two girls I got at the swap.

microchick

Enabler
Dec 31, 2014
NE Missouri
I have been trying to get treatment for my latest sinus infection. Doctors won't see anyone with symptoms above the waist. I don't want to spend a day going to the ER in Danville or Lynchburg. Tomorrow my doctor is going to be asked to call something in to the pharmacy. Hoping he will.
My sinuses are acting up also, I think they are trying to out do my joints which are kicking my hiney right now.

Cap that is why I use Country Side Pets and stock up on Fish antibiotics. Amoxicillin, Cipro, Penicillin. The Amox works well for sinus infections. I know I know they are animal grade or at least listed as such but when I look the pills up in the PDR or the NDR they are listed and no mention to my knowledge of them being anything other than real honest to goodness antibiotics. It's good to have something on hand for emergency use no matter what the label says.

CapricornFarm

Chicken addict
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
My sinuses are acting up also, I think they are trying to out do my joints which are kicking my hiney right now.

Cap that is why I use Country Side Pets and stock up on Fish antibiotics. Amoxicillin, Cipro, Penicillin. The Amox works well for sinus infections. I know I know they are animal grade or at least listed as such but when I look the pills up in the PDR or the NDR they are listed and no mention to my knowledge of them being anything other than real honest to goodness antibiotics. It's good to have something on hand for emergency use no matter what the label says.
Yeah, I do have antibiotics on hand. But I want to get more for my next problem. Don't want to take anything until I am seen in case I need to be examined.

Top Bottom