The Old Folks Home

microchick

Enabler
Dec 31, 2014
NE Missouri
Evening ladies and gents.

Picked the last of the apples today. Had a teleapointment with my doc which went well. He's treating my worsening pain and gave me permission to postpone my next Dexa Scan till next year. Not too thrilled to have to go on with the Prolia till then but ya do what you gotta do.

I got a good look at my Ameraucana hen today and had to crack up laughing. What a pathetic pile of molting feathers. She's down to just yeah, down and and even that is tuffs. I'd take her picture but I just don't want to embarrass her.

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
Evening ladies and gents.

Picked the last of the apples today. Had a teleapointment with my doc which went well. He's treating my worsening pain and gave me permission to postpone my next Dexa Scan till next year. Not too thrilled to have to go on with the Prolia till then but ya do what you gotta do.

I got a good look at my Ameraucana hen today and had to crack up laughing. What a pathetic pile of molting feathers. She's down to just yeah, down and and even that is tuffs. I'd take her picture but I just don't want to embarrass her.
They look very funny when they moult!

microchick

Enabler
Dec 31, 2014
NE Missouri
I got 3 eggs today. My Tolbunts look like porcupines.
I have a SDW hen that looks that way. Poor baby. Two of the SDW roosters were trying to mate with her yesterday and I rescued her. Little thing felt like a pin cushion. It had to be painful.

Any reason why the roosters would molt before the hens? Other than just to make their lives miserable that is?

How ya feeling Cap? Sinus infection any better I hope!

Been meaning to ask you if you use a nettie pot or bottle irrigator on your sinuses? I've been using one regularly for about 6 months now. Normal saline rinses 1 part salt to two parts baking soda mixed with two drops of baby shampoo.

Yeah, it sounds horrible but really works.

CapricornFarm

Chicken addict
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
I have a SDW hen that looks that way. Poor baby. Two of the SDW roosters were trying to mate with her yesterday and I rescued her. Little thing felt like a pin cushion. It had to be painful.

Any reason why the roosters would molt before the hens? Other than just to make their lives miserable that is?

How ya feeling Cap? Sinus infection any better I hope!

Been meaning to ask you if you use a nettie pot or bottle irrigator on your sinuses? I've been using one regularly for about 6 months now. Normal saline rinses 1 part salt to two parts baking soda mixed with two drops of baby shampoo.

Yeah, it sounds horrible but really works.
Still blah. Doctor won't see me without a Covid test. I have not gotten up the nerve to pour water up my nose.

Top Bottom