The Old Folks Home

Big Chuckle of the two of us I am more social than the old man but hey.. I call a spade a spade. hope that does not offend anyone old saying
Right now is the time for us un social butterflies to shine.

I’m loving it. My cousin called to invite me to her baby shower yesterday, and I was so glad I didn’t have to pretend one of my kids vomited the morning of or something. Instead I just popped out that lovely “IN A PANDEMIC!?!?!?” And that was that.:yesss:

@bruceha2020, how is your dear wife doing?
As usual. Has her stiff joints and all.

Me, I'm feeling better.
:wee

Safer to air dry and put them away which is what I do.
Here too, DD2 washes them (frequently with complaints about hating to wash dishes) then they sit in the rack in the other sink until I put them away. Current Bosch dishwasher doesn't have a heater to dry, OLD GE did but we never used it. Just pop the door open to let out the steam.

Whoo boy! Just wait for the real fun. The warranty expires at 50 to 55-ish
DW's warranty expired at about 37.

The expectation is that vaccines will not kick in soon enough to resume in person classes.

:thIf so, I will have been working from home for over a year!
Yep! Students, being younger and generally less likely to have preexisting conditions will likely be the last in line for the vaccine. Here they plan to put the front line medical workers, old people and people who work at rehab and retirement places first.

We run ours at least twice a day.
:th Even with 4 of us here we only run it maybe every 3 days.

:th Even with 4 of us here we only run it maybe every 3 days.
I have too many big boys/men in the house...

I can't tell you how many times they have eaten a meal, cleaned it all up, then an hour later needed more food.

Right now the 17 year old eats the most, because he does a crazy amount of manual labor.

But with the 5 boys... ages 12 to 22... we go through an insane amount of food and mess. Just nice they are big enough to clean it all up.

We had a nice day here today. Very weird winter so far. Mild and dry dry dry. Ground cracking dry. I'd almost like to see a little snow to make it feel a bit more festive but nobody is really complaining.

DH made the grocery pick up for us today. Amazing how the cost of a month's worth of groceries has doubled in 10 years. Makes me wonder how much higher they will be in 2030. I shudder to imagine.

One of my Itty Bitties has started to lay. I've found 2 little eggs in a nest this week. So I guess the mild weather and ample sunshine is good for something.

Why would we find a pile of white deer hair in our pasture today? Looked as though the hair had been 'cut' clean ends to it, white like from the tail/rump area.

Would a buck bite a doe if she isn't responsive to him and his dubious charms? There was quite a bit of hair. The dogs loved it and kept wanting to roll on it.

Back
Top Bottom