The Old Folks Home

HEY! I beat Sourland this morning!

Happy Monday everyone and Happy March! Hope everyone has a good day.

March came in like a lamb here. Cold but very sunny and pleasant. The temp when we got up was 23 and it's going to 50. I'm to the point where I am staring out the window at the garden and visualizing what I am going to plant and where!

Breakfast? Oatmeal this morning with raisins for DH and Brown Sugar for me. Sometimes I add a bit of cinnamon to mine but hubby prefers fruit on his.

Plans for the day? I'm winging it and waiting to see what presents itself. Something always does.
Good morning!

Grape Nuts for breakfast this morning

My buff O's would do that if I left too many eggs in a nest. Now my Amish crosses will plop down on eggs if I leave three or four eggs in a nest box for any length of time.

@sourland I didn't have a good night either. The almost full moon made the dogs restless. They were barking and howling all night and the amusement factor at 4 AM is non existent. Plus the back porch motion detector lights kept popping off and on. Mice? Voles? Raccoons? Who knows?

I don't eat a lot of cereal for breakfast other than oatmeal but I do enjoy a bowl of raisin bran for lunch without the raisins. (I am pretty much omnivorous and there are few foods I can't stand to eat but I can't stand raisins in my cereal or cookies. I can eat them out of the container like candy but please leave them out of my food. There is just something about eating something crunchy and then biting into something soft that makes me think I'm eating a bug! :sick) But I do love cereal with diced peaches or apple in it. I know I know. It makes no sense but I am what I am.:ya

:thumbsup It's Monday already? Shucks.. ok, egg and pepperjack cheese in a flour tortilla (wrap) for me today.. I went and dunnit last night.. stuck 6 eggs in the bator.. they should hatch on my daughter's birthday even if late in the day.. I got 6 Heritage Homestead maters stuck out in the upper flower bed, along with some rosemary. And I planted a John F Kennedy rose and a Tiffany rose up there as well. It's a mix of flowers and veggies. Somebody ask me whyyyyy o whyyyyyyyyy did I put more eggs in the bator. I must have lost my mind or something.
It's mandatory to hatch eggs in spring!!

It's mandatory to hatch eggs in spring!!
OMG, who's gonna feed all those critters? Don't have to worry about the boys, unless there is one very special they will all go to Tommy. Same guy who's gonna bring me some guinea biddies when they hatch.

I've run into a sort of a problem. The pen I want to use as a grow out pen is otherwise occupied with Sara. She's one of the 18-19 week olds I have.. she's half the size of the other one's her age and from the same sort of hens by a Barred Rock. Those hens have Black Silkies for fathers and she is, we'll call it 'petite' compared to everyone else. I may have to get a bantum for her because all my other roos are monsters in size compared to her. So, that leaves me with putting the chicks in with Bonny the BO and hoping she takes care of them, and hopefully by then, Charlette will be laying and I can put her in with Graystoke and Lady. Really wanted to put her in with Bruce but the two EE's would pick her apart.

OMG, who's gonna feed all those critters? Don't have to worry about the boys, unless there is one very special they will all go to Tommy. Same guy who's gonna bring me some guinea biddies when they hatch.

I've run into a sort of a problem. The pen I want to use as a grow out pen is otherwise occupied with Sara. She's one of the 18-19 week olds I have.. she's half the size of the other one's her age and from the same sort of hens by a Barred Rock. Those hens have Black Silkies for fathers and she is, we'll call it 'petite' compared to everyone else. I may have to get a bantum for her because all my other roos are monsters in size compared to her. So, that leaves me with putting the chicks in with Bonny the BO and hoping she takes care of them, and hopefully by then, Charlette will be laying and I can put her in with Graystoke and Lady. Really wanted to put her in with Bruce but the two EE's would pick her apart.
I feed the critters. Gets me outside.

Back
Top Bottom