The Old Folks Home

She's at peace now. Perchie..Deb. Strong lady. I know she fought a strong fight. Thankful she had a time to enjoy things she used to do there for a while. Oh boy, she loved those horses. One in particular. And she had a talent for making beautiful jewelry. Talented in many ways. She's been missed. I miss our private messages. We won't forget her.

Well apparently Mr. NOAA screwed up again, not that I'm complaining. Instead of snow all night and through most of the day, we have had NO snow at all. I did have to shovel a bunch of wind blown snow out of the entrance to the parking area though. Couldn't even see where DW and DD2 came through last night.
Meteorologist. The only profession where you can be wrong 50% of the time and still get paid.

Here is a photo of her with Katie...the horse was 20 here...2014.
Screenshot_20210305-213117_Chrome.jpg

Morning everyone. Trying to wake up here. I was awake off and on all night. We think the neighbor's dog is in heat. all of our male dogs even though neutered have been staring over there and howling or barking all night. Amazing how that instinct stays with them.

Thank you for sharing that photo of Deb with Katie. It takes a special touch to be able to control a horse that size. It isn't unusual to see a 7 year old boy driving three draft horses down the road here. They aren't in a wagon or cart though, they are walking behind them and their heads (the boys') are about even with the horses' shoulder.

We have some sad news!

@perchie.girl passed away yesterday 3/4/21. Deb's Cancer had returned and was in much of her Body. She was on hospice for several months.

Her Son and Mom were there when She passed and described it as being peaceful.

View attachment 2556462

She did get to have some return to health from her back problems and beating the first round of Cancer. She even got to enjoy chickens again!
One of the favorites on here, definitely be missed.

Back
Top Bottom