The Old Folks Home

You're weird, lol!
First time ever I was hoping for cockerels... I've got ladies who are laying beautiful dark brown eggs... Needed the blue egg gene to put with them to get GREEN eggs, to go with ham (I don't eat it but someone does).
How about some quiche? Found a recipe for quiche online that has squash and thyme in it.. so I whooped up one using crooked neck squash and German Thyme out of the garden.. I didn't have cream to mix with the eggs, so used buttermilk instead, and didn't have mozzarella cheese so used grated marble jack... andddddddddd.
20210509_153422.jpg

I'm ready to chow down!

I swear.. you have some sense of divine timing or something. Went out to feed this morning, and while I was in the 5 week old turn out pen, don't ya know Smokey let out a perfect Hu Hu Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. So, you are two for two on Smokey.. Or sourland is 1 for two on his predictions. :lau
That is too funny!

Someone asked about strange dreams since my second Moderna shot...

Wow, have there been some recently! With lots of symbolism, I'm sure! Or just references to recent events in my life or books I've read. :idunno
It is weird! I am back to normal for dreams now. It is three weeks since the second shot from Moderna

Bonnie had an accident or something.. While she's never laid very big eggs, I walk past her run and see this little egg in the pen.. Bonnie likes making a nest in the dirt.. no convincing her that buckets and nesting boxes are cool... I I reached in and grabbed the egg.. Golly, looks like some really small chicken laid that one. First time I've seen that happen.

Back
Top Bottom