The Old Folks Home

Elderly? Elderly! I'm not elderly! I'm like fine wine and stew. Wine gets better with age and Stew gets better when well seasoned!

Being a nurse working in the nursing home industry for 8 years gave me a whole new perspective concerning the definition of Elder and Elderly.

Elderly is a state of being. Being Elder is a state of chronological years. I hate it when I hear a story that goes.....'the elderly 62 year old woman was struck by the car while she was out training for an upcoming 5K race' I have never seen an elderly person in a nursing home out training for any race. It just don't match up in my head.

I like the term Elder or Senior Citizen but Elderly. I'm not elderly, not yet.

Morning all. Everyone survived Thanksgiving and the first night of Hanukkah. One holiday down, one started and two to go. Pleasant but windy here today. We took Diesel out for a bit of leash time and it was nice enough to go for a walk with just a hoodie on. I cherish these days of nice weather and sunshine.

🎉
:celebrate🎉:celebrate I'm soooooooooooo happy this morning! I had gotten all the chooks fed, and decided since it was warm enough to rake up more leaves for some of the pens, and mow a bit for those who don't get out to free range. While I was in the hoop coop with Gen Lee , Turtle Dove and the corn kernels I notice TD acting strangely. First she had let one of the little guys mount her (for all the good he did it was a courageous try), wait like 'are you done yet' and then shake herself off. Then she got up in the nesting box and was going from side to side checking it out, but all the bedding was gone that was there days ago. So I get out the big Remington and go hack down some stuff that was still tall even though it was dry, rake it up and haul it to the coop, where I started jamming in new bedding for TD. True to form, Gen Lee hopped right up and helped her make a nest and encouraging her. He's such a sport. He stayed in the box with her until she actually laid an egg. I was there for her very first egg! OMG! She's only 4-5 weeks behind her siblings to start laying. I was worried she wouldn't.
20211129_115707.jpg

The Big Man on guard duty. Even Corn Puff came up and laid down beside TD.

Elderly? Elderly! I'm not elderly! I'm like fine wine and stew. Wine gets better with age and Stew gets better when well seasoned!

Being a nurse working in the nursing home industry for 8 years gave me a whole new perspective concerning the definition of Elder and Elderly.

Elderly is a state of being. Being Elder is a state of chronological years. I hate it when I hear a story that goes.....'the elderly 62 year old woman was struck by the car while she was out training for an upcoming 5K race' I have never seen an elderly person in a nursing home out training for any race. It just don't match up in my head.

I like the term Elder or Senior Citizen but Elderly. I'm not elderly, not yet.

Morning all. Everyone survived Thanksgiving and the first night of Hanukkah. One holiday down, one started and two to go. Pleasant but windy here today. We took Diesel out for a bit of leash time and it was nice enough to go for a walk with just a hoodie on. I cherish these days of nice weather and sunshine.
Elderly, Senior, OLD... what do you prefer? I'm just a kid!

🎉
:celebrate🎉:celebrate I'm soooooooooooo happy this morning! I had gotten all the chooks fed, and decided since it was warm enough to rake up more leaves for some of the pens, and mow a bit for those who don't get out to free range. While I was in the hoop coop with Gen Lee , Turtle Dove and the corn kernels I notice TD acting strangely. First she had let one of the little guys mount her (for all the good he did it was a courageous try), wait like 'are you done yet' and then shake herself off. Then she got up in the nesting box and was going from side to side checking it out, but all the bedding was gone that was there days ago. So I get out the big Remington and go hack down some stuff that was still tall even though it was dry, rake it up and haul it to the coop, where I started jamming in new bedding for TD. True to form, Gen Lee hopped right up and helped her make a nest and encouraging her. He's such a sport. He stayed in the box with her until she actually laid an egg. I was there for her very first egg! OMG! She's only 4-5 weeks behind her siblings to start laying. I was worried she wouldn't.
View attachment 2913217

The Big Man on guard duty. Even Corn Puff came up and laid down beside TD.
Ya know, that's the exact same spot where TD hit the deck as an egg? What are the chances. Of all the spots she could pick!

Back
Top Bottom