The Old Folks Home

Hey, OFs! Have a great weekend!

1660956468064.jpeg

According to the thermostat info, our A/C went down at 12:08. At 2:30 I woke up hot. Nothing showing on the thermostat display. Called the A/C guy. Meanwhile, I grabbed the portable A/C, and got it all set up. The A/C guy called back, and had Dh check a couple things.

Apparently enough condensation builds up in the box, near the switch in the attic, that it shuts the unit off. Dh opened the box, and let the condensation evaporate for a minute, then turned it back on. That took care of it. It's currently 81 degrees in here, but cooling still cooling down. It's going to take a bit to get it fully cooled down. We will get that problem addressed, so this doesn't keep happening.

Penny, you guys did a lot of work. Good job.

Dd #1 went nuts buying hair bows. Beautiful butterfly ones, and ones with the long ribbon(s) attached to work into the grands' braids. They've been looking so nice for school, with their new clothes, and hair all fixed up.

It only took a little over an hour for our A/C to lower the temp by 5.5 degrees. Impressive considering it was 95 degrees out. Our old unit would have taken well over 2 hours to lower the temp by that much with the temp being 95 out. This unit is much more energy efficient too.

A couple friends here in FL mentioned they too have had a similar problem from time to time. It has to do with less air circulation in the attic, combined with high temps, and extremely high humidity for an extended period. It creates a steam room type situation. Conditions have to be exactly right, for it to happen. It's not an all-the-time thing, or when it rains, since the rains lower the temp.

I got 2 feeders from the feed store this morning. I was only going to get 1, but they've been out of them for awhile now, so I ended up getting 2. As with everything lately, the prices have gone up.

Back
Top Bottom