The Old Folks Home

Tile throughout the house. This is the first home I've ever lived in with tile. Always had carpeting, except linoleum in kitchens and bathrooms. I LOVE how easy the tile is to keep clean.
We have tile, wood, carpet, sheet linoleum and fake wood....

The tile is in 2 bathrooms, laundry and mudporch... we got tile with color throughout so chips will not show... i love it, wears great.

The wood is only in the master suit, love that too.

The plank fake stuff is maybe better than sheet... easiet to repair if busted... I am happy with what we have.

I HATE CARPET. May it all die.

@CapricornFarm I would suggest a heavy duty heat proof/fire proof material under the tile that is under the kiln. Kilns run crazy hot.... you dont want anything to catch fire.

We have tile, wood, carpet, sheet linoleum and fake wood....

The tile is in 2 bathrooms, laundry and mudporch... we got tile with color throughout so chips will not show... i love it, wears great.

The wood is only in the master suit, love that too.

The plank fake stuff is maybe better than sheet... easiet to repair if busted... I am happy with what we have.

I HATE CARPET. May it all die.

@CapricornFarm I would suggest a heavy duty heat proof/fire proof material under the tile that is under the kiln. Kilns run crazy hot.... you dont want anything to catch fire.
True, i am sure we will work it out. We always put sheets of stuff that is fire resistant.

Me too! I was horrified by all the dirt that was under it when we ripped it out. :th
When we ripped out the carpet from the main living areas of the house, literal buckets of dirt were underneath the carpet padding.

So nasty.

I am with you... carpet is the stuff of horror movies.

Cap, Kilz is fantastic stuff. Like a miracle in a can. When my girls were little, one evening they got into my nail polish, without permission, or supervision which was a big no no. I had a new bottle of a reddish color, and that's the one they got into. One girl was painting her nails, and the other wanted to paint her nails too. The one painting her nails, told the other one to wait. Of course, that started a tussle. The one that was to wait, grabbed for the bottle. The one painting her nails, jerked the bottle away from the one grabbing at it. Nail polish flew all over two of the walls. They were horrified. They just knew that Mama was going to kill them.

They decided to work together to cover up their crime. They got TP to wipe the walls. It smeared the polish even worse. More TP, but they would use water on the TP this time. Now there are huge splotches of nail polish, with tiny bits of TP all over the walls. By now, some of the TP bits are drying into the thinner layers of polish. Shhhhhh, don't say anything, and maybe Mom won't notice. At least, she may not notice right away, so when she asks, deny everything. "Not me" did it.

I got cotton balls, and nail polish remover, and doing a little bit at a time, removed the TP bits from the wall without excessive damage. I made them look at that wall for a week. They wondered why I didn't just take the touch-up paint, and paint over it. Well, paint is liquid. Nail polish resists liquid. The paint would just bead up, and not cover the nail polish splotches. A week later, I got a bucket of Kilz, and with fingers crossed, painted over the nail polish. I wasn't even sure the Kilz would work over the nail polish. It stuck. After it dried, the paint adhered to the wall. When I got done, you couldn't even tell anything had happened.

They lost TV, and video game privileges for 4 weeks. 2 lost privileges for 2 major offenses. At least, they were alive, and I didn't kill them.

Back
Top Bottom