The Old Folks Home

Yesterday, when Dh went to pick up the grands from school, the back passenger side window rolled all the way down, by itself. He couldn't get it up (I'm not touching that with a 10 ft. pole). After loading up the kids, he went to the Ford place. Yeah, it's a known problem. They used the cheapest, made in China, switches, that can't do the job, and fail quickly. The master switch has to be replaced. No, they didn't have one in stock, didn't have that one on any other vehicle on their lot, so they couldn't even put one in long enough to roll the window up, then remove it until a replacement arrived. We had to cover the window, until the part comes in, and they fix it.

Today, Dh went to pick up the grands from school, and suddenly the truck started squealing loudly, and was hard to drive. They're back at the Ford place, waiting for the verdict. I told him, if they can't fix it today, make them give a courtesy vehicle. I'm not going all weekend without a vehicle. It seems every known problem they've ever had with a Ford vehicle, has afflicted my truck. The reason we got a new truck in the first place, was that my other truck was 20 years old, and we wanted something more reliable. Silly us!

Dh just called. The differential locked up. They knew what the problem was, and have fixed it. They assured Dh it is fine now, and won't give any further problems.

Yesterday, when Dh went to pick up the grands from school, the back passenger side window rolled all the way down, by itself. He couldn't get it up (I'm not touching that with a 10 ft. pole). After loading up the kids, he went to the Ford place. Yeah, it's a known problem. They used the cheapest, made in China, switches, that can't do the job, and fail quickly. The master switch has to be replaced. No, they didn't have one in stock, didn't have that one on any other vehicle on their lot, so they couldn't even put one in long enough to roll the window up, then remove it until a replacement arrived. We had to cover the window, until the part comes in, and they fix it.

Today, Dh went to pick up the grands from school, and suddenly the truck started squealing loudly, and was hard to drive. They're back at the Ford place, waiting for the verdict. I told him, if they can't fix it today, make them give a courtesy vehicle. I'm not going all weekend without a vehicle. It seems every known problem they've ever had with a Ford vehicle, has afflicted my truck. The reason we got a new truck in the first place, was that my other truck was 20 years old, and we wanted something more reliable. Silly us!

Dh just called. The differential locked up. They knew what the problem was, and have fixed it. They assured Dh it is fine now, and won't give any further problems.
Ford really needs to get a clue and fix the problems with their cars.

Does your state have lemon law?

They fixed the window. The head mechanic was who fixed the differential. He saw the window, and insisted they did have the part to fix it, even if it wasn't showing in their inventory. He went into the parts dept., and emerged in a little bit with the part in hand, and a smile on his face. Yeah, they had the part, but had never entered it into inventory. My window switch is fixed, and working. The window goes up, and down again.

Ron, I thought about returning it under the lemon law. While I'm complaining about the problems, and the inconvenience they are causing, I've considered that it might be a blessing in disguise. They manufactured these during covid. There were massive supply chain shortages at that time. Almost all vehicles for 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024 were affected, and not just Ford. They went with what they could get, even when they had to go with cheaper parts, knowing they would have to be replaced.

This prompted quite a few recall notices. Ford has been pretty faithful about replacing the inferior parts, as soon as the ones needed have become available, and fixing the few problems related to any engineering/design flaws that have cropped up, and are not related to inferior parts.

With everything they've fixed, and upgraded, it's (fingers crossed) almost up to snuff. There are still supply shortages, so I'd hate to have to start over with another vehicle. I'm glad too, that it's all been showing up while still under warranty. That's another blessing.

They fixed the window. The head mechanic was who fixed the differential. He saw the window, and insisted they did have the part to fix it, even if it wasn't showing in their inventory. He went into the parts dept., and emerged in a little bit with the part in hand, and a smile on his face. Yeah, they had the part, but had never entered it into inventory. My window switch is fixed, and working. The window goes up, and down again.

Ron, I thought about returning it under the lemon law. While I'm complaining about the problems, and the inconvenience they are causing, I've considered that it might be a blessing in disguise. They manufactured these during covid. There were massive supply chain shortages at that time. Almost all vehicles for 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024 were affected, and not just Ford. They went with what they could get, even when they had to go with cheaper parts, knowing they would have to be replaced.

This prompted quite a few recall notices. Ford has been pretty faithful about replacing the inferior parts, as soon as the ones needed have become available, and fixing the few problems related to any engineering/design flaws that have cropped up, and are not related to inferior parts.

With everything they've fixed, and upgraded, it's (fingers crossed) almost up to snuff. There are still supply shortages, so I'd hate to have to start over with another vehicle. I'm glad too, that it's all been showing up while still under warranty. That's another blessing.
That makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom