1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    @chickisoup: coppet mine? People around here will steal ur air conditioner while its running and scrap the copper. Copper around here is like gold

2. CanuckBock

CanuckBock THE Village Ijit

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop
    You can type it up offline if the connection sucks...only time you need to be ACTUALLY connected is to post photos or choose an emoticon or four. Getting summerish so bracing myself for NO service anyway with all the people texting each other out in the WOODS hogging my share of the server!

There's quite a few of us spread out here in the Great White North burning up the lines of communications.

Been typing since grade school...we had a typing teacher that was strict as they get--typing pool style. Back to the days of manual typewriters and IF (and I mean you groaned because it meant three corrections...one on the original, one on the carbon copy and one on the file copy) IF you made a mistake sometimes it was better to start all over than fudge your way thru if you blundered up too much. When you ever got an "A" on a typing submission...you durn well wanted to have it FRAMED!

Annual Iditarod Trail sled dog race run in March from Anchorage to Nome.

[​IMG]

To be Canuckish...you'd want to say, the "Canadian Challenge" which is 500K from Prince Albert to La Ronge. I have the sled and all the gear I braided up...but my mutts were always barn sour...slow out the gates but fast to hurry home to the woodstove. Very ego embarrassing mushing crew I must admit. Very loveable but usless as sled dawgs otherwise. [​IMG]

So how did you like the panty hose at the good gig? I hear football players find the support hose the best kind of all. [​IMG]

OK fellas...I am going to hold back on labelling this three man assault as an immoral attempt to hijack a topic (like we stay on any one topic for long..."Oh lookit...another sparkley!") by the Three Stooges but if it keeps up, well I am just going to have to figure out who is the ring leader and start referring to them as Larry...Soup to Nuts...Larry, Moe and Shemp...be warned, there were six to seven Stooges in all toll, so room for more I am sure of it should someone decide to pull a Fake Shemp! Nyuck nyuck... [​IMG]

I did ask a few questions in that length of typing but seeing as I can type faster than many can read it...or even remember it. [​IMG]

I will post pictures (yes, no words...l00kit the pretty pictures...no typing...lookit the picture book...like a cartoon comic book, yes?) and ask again...

[​IMG]
    Vanna White aka Fixins modeling beside planter in the Man Porch

What kind of plant should I try growing in this container in the man porch... ??? [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Full sun...warm inside the Man Porch - got a few months yet to get BIG!
    Prefer it non-toxic but have grown tomatoes, geraniums...thought were something that ends up tall and decorative...don't have to be a perennial either...nothing illegal either 3 Goonies... [​IMG]

So there...nyuck nyuck...a bock a bock bock! [​IMG]

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
    Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

3. bamadude

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    I guess u will always get the last thousand words

4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

we couldnt get canuck off her topic with cash bribes

i bet if you had a diary thread, you would have a huge following. (not implying they dont belong here)

a lot of people would not read your stories here because they would not want to venture into the old folks home for fear of admitting they belong here.

5. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Weasel attack here last night. Lost 4 of the 8 juvies I had in the detention center (tractor).

It is always something.

6. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Overrun With Chickens

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    X2 [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Overrun With Chickens

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Sorry that is terrible.

8. IttyBiddyRedHen

IttyBiddyRedHen Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jul 30, 2011
    East coast
    Wow...lots going on in the Old Folks Home. Prayers for Maddy.... [​IMG]

Sorry to hear of your bird losses SCG....... Hope no more occur.

I understand about boonie restrictions bamadude. I seriously thought that my relocating to the east coast and a somewhat more populated area like SC would get me out of the boonie issue. NOT. Oh well.

Canuck Bock....all I can say is that you are a talented writes and a fast speedy typist. Keep up the good work!! [​IMG]

And...I KNOW I belong in the Old Folks Home [​IMG]

9. bamadude

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    i would subscribe to her thread

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

me too

but i would still torment our funny talking, wood wall building northern friend

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by