The Old Folks Home

wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Scottish/German - same conundrum. I'm basically a solitary person, but love deeply those that I let close to me. Stoic (thank you Mom) and slow to forget and forgive (that would be Dad). The Princess is Polish/Hungarian - slow to anger, quick to forgive, STUBBORN (her 2nd nickname is 'the Bulldog') - the most loving person I have ever known.
hugs.gif
Color me LUCKY!

How thoughtful of you and thank you. Though, they could be Christian, so it might be a good idea to ask if they are Muslim first
smile.png
Although, I don't mind when people tell me "Merry Christmas" during that holiday even though it is not my own. Makes me feel nice when people say kind things, it's their intention that counts, not their perceived knowledge.

I'm always amazed at the number of Christian Lebanese, Syrians and Jordanians that make their way to the US.

My maiden name.. Ruckdeschel..Anyone want to take a guess where this is from? :D

Off the top of my head, I'd guess Dutch. Any umlauts?

I would have guessed German but that seemed too easy.

Last edited:
ChickenCanoe you aren't the first one to think that is what my avatar meant.
wink.png
I am not out by Orem way here. Closer to Salt Lake City and West Valley but really about an hour away from anywhere significant.
wink.png

Any guesses on my maiden name - Sturtevant? (I have to admit I didn't really mind getting married and getting rid of that last name. I only hated it because my actual first name Deirdre would be mangled by every teacher as well as the last name)

A lot of old French and German towns all over Missouri.

Sturtevant, another stab in the dark. Norwegian? Danish? Dutch?

that's my 3 guesses.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom