The Old Folks Home

Its hard for me to get kale seeds locally. For some reason its not very popular around here. I was raised up on collards, turnips, and mustards (which i love). A few years back i saw some at walmart and boughr it. It was delicious.

For those of you that can't find seeds, I purchase most of mine online. Try Seed Savers Exchange (they tend to sell out early, though). For those of us in cool climates try Johnny's (they're just a few miles down the road from me!) or FedCo. If one of those three don't have it and/or I want a hybrid, I go to Burpee.

I apologize if my "adult talk" caused us to get shamed.

For those of you that can't find seeds, I purchase most of mine online. Try Seed Savers Exchange (they tend to sell out early, though). For those of us in cool climates try Johnny's (they're just a few miles down the road from me!) or FedCo. If one of those three don't have it and/or I want a hybrid, I go to Burpee.

I apologize if my "adult talk" caused us to get shamed.
There is also seeds of change:

http://www.seedsofchange.com/searchproducts.aspx?search=kale

Ive got alot of seeds from alot of different people who wanted to swap. The screen names dont match the name on the envelope. Chickadoodles: u sent spinach, buttercrunch lettuce, and radish???
You got it right. I do appreciate you swapping with me. Thank you
big_smile.png

Ha, one of our daughters posted this on fb..how to make it. So my DH made it. It works! So easy to make.

A cooler, a fan, and a pvc pipe..fill the inside with some ice, or, frozen milk jugs of ice, which is our plan. I just have ice in there now. Ice will be better. It's in a doorway, I'm all the way across the room, and I feel cold air. Tuned off our air to see if I can be happy with this room to room. It's going into our bedroom doorway tonight. Pretty? Not really. Comfortable while it's this hot out..oh yeah!
My DH put some plastic on the end to show how well it blows out. :)

Back
Top Bottom