The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    [​IMG] aye- ya

Bunny-- mine is too but mine is NEVER forgotten. My mother made sure I always had a cake an d presents. Now, the two days go hand in hand. THough I cant always remember my age . . . .

Pure sulfur powder can be helpful too.

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    It's been a long time since I've grown them, but if I remember correctly, hollyhocks are biennials. They grow a rosette of leaves the first year, and send up the flower stalk the second year. A free hollyhock late in the spring of this year probably won't bloom until next year, provided it survives the munchers and the cold.

3. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Cynthia we did get a really good downpour last night and the night before. The thunderstorms were thick enough last night to mess with the satellite signals for a bit. We are getting that wonderful monsoonal moisture up from Mexico. This weather makes me miss living in southern AZ even more. This was always my favorite time of year. Hot and just when it is getting to the point where you can't take it, you get a nice thunderstorm come through to cool everything down. Used to hang out on our back patio and watch the storms come rolling over the mountains. Beautiful sunset and sunrises this time of year too down there. One day... BTW, SCG we would NOT want to do the hike to the subway this time of year. Zion is having a lot of flash flooding because of the monsoons.
    DH and I are going to a Little River Band concert tonight in Wendover (small gambling town just over the Nevada border). Looking forwards to this small reward for finally finishing my degree. I almost feel lost now in the mornings since I don't have homework to do and all my weekend time is free. Wow, this is nice! [​IMG]
    DH and I are all set to head to MI for DS's wedding at the end of the month then a little over a month later we head to NY for DD's wedding. At DD's wedding we are also going to have a mini Sturtevant family reunion. Many of us have not seen each other since my aunt's wedding in 1978. It will be great to see my dad's side of the family again.

4. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    Congratulations on completing your degree! Sit back and relax, you've earned your free time, but looks like you are still going to be plenty busy. I have cousins that I haven't seen in years and probably wouldn't recognize them on the street.

5. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    [​IMG]CONGRATS on earning your degreee!!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    dsgard, congratulations on your degree [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

It is great to finish a degree!

Try not not over do the fun this summer.

1 person likes this.
  8. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Congratulations on getting your degree!
    Have fun!

1 person likes this.
  9. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

wOW!!! posters/posts disappearing in front of my eyes! Till I saw this I thought someone had slipped a "funny" something in my morning coffee! [​IMG]

BTW-I totally agree with you Diva. They have a tough job and are just working hard to keep this forum the kind of place that drew us all to join in the first place.
    Sorry Bama [​IMG]

10. Dragonfly216

Dragonfly216 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2013
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Congrats on the degree, Dsquared! That's awesome!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by