The Old Folks Home

I have a rant....sorry. I had a box of salt water fish leave Fort Peirce Florida yesterday at 5:30 pm it arrived here in WY this morning at 10:30. It was in perfect shape and all occupants are doing great.I couldn't be happier. My rant issue is a box of chicks left New Mexico on Monday it arrived yesterday with tire tracks across one side. It had actually been run over in transit. 20 out of 45 survived the abuse (4 more don't look good). If Fed Ex can do such an amazing job can't USPS at least pretend to care.The birds were plainly marked and you could hear them chirping..what kind of person would run over a bunch of baby birds? OK I'm done just had to get that out of my system.

I have a rant....sorry. I had a box of salt water fish leave Fort Peirce Florida yesterday at 5:30 pm it arrived here in WY this morning at 10:30. It was in perfect shape and all occupants are doing great.I couldn't be happier. My rant issue is a box of chicks left New Mexico on Monday it arrived yesterday with tire tracks across one side. It had actually been run over in transit. 20 out of 45 survived the abuse (4 more don't look good). If Fed Ex can do such an amazing job can't USPS at least pretend to care.The birds were plainly marked and you could hear them chirping..what kind of person would run over a bunch of baby birds? OK I'm done just had to get that out of my system.
BangHead.gif

that is terrible!

It was likely a robot driven hauler. It might have happened on the plane--Airborne flies them if the need to go by air.

Did you take pictures of the box and dead babies inside? I'd be filing a claim with the USPS.

i can get seeds for 3 different collards,2 different turnips, and 2 different mustards.

I think I can get some Kale here. I planted some last fall and the chickens loved it. We didn't get any of it. The weather here is about like it is there. We get a lot of flow from the Gulf to the Atlantic. If you want some I will trade for some Slocomb tomatoes.

I live in a small town and am good friends with a post master who warned me, seriously, when I mentioned I had ordered chicks back in April. They called me at 7 am to let me know they were here and alive (earliest they get to work here) but I must admit alot probably had to do with the extra money I paid for special packaging. I was still really worried!!! I know my little town treats live chicks like live chicks but mine had to pass thru Chicago. Had a fragile package go thru there and arrive with a boot print clearly in the middle of it. Sent a priority package to my daughter once that took 10 DAYS to go from Chicago to Rockford
th.gif
. And they wonder why no one really cares anymore if they go out of business.

Let me add mine: Congratulations on that degree!

I too have cousins and odd family members I haven't seen since 1978! Good heavens! I see some of their pictures on facebook and I'm amazed at how much they've changed. Some don't even look the tiniest bit like they did when we were kids!

I checked out that new thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/904081/does-every-flock-have-a-complainer/40#post_13791560
and some of the things that people have shared about their chickens had me rolling! Almost spit out my coffee a couple of times! Y'all should check it out... it's pretty funny!

That's one thing I like about Facebook. I can now contact family members that I haven't seen since the 60's.

Back
Top Bottom