The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. chickadoodles

chickadoodles True BYC Addict

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama

2. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    Many, many years ago when I was a student at UC Davis the wind would, without fail, change direction at 4 o'clock. And, of course, it was always a headwind pedaling to classes.....

3. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Thank you. Pillowcases are super easy, let me know if you want the pattern. I do the "french seam" ones so they have less fraying. They take about 60 to 90 minutes per pillowcase. I find them incredibly fun, pretty cheap "therapy" and I love how they look on the bed.

Not sure if you're a member of NRA or not, but we are (you have to be to get a membership to the "nearby" shooting range). All the NRA mailers we see are quite crazy telling us that Obama is going to take away our rights to guns/ammo/etc. I'm not sure where all this originated but it did seem to peak after Sandy Hook (that's also when the ammo shortages really became significant up here). In fact, we got a mailer just a few days ago that specifically has a tirade against Feinstein, Schumer, Pelosi and Bloomberg. I will not be renewing my membership this year because I am tired of seeing the exaggerations.

I would in a heartbeat.

4. superchemicalgirl

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Baby it's hot outside.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  5. chickadoodles

chickadoodles True BYC Addict

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Man it is hot! Sorry! :(

6. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    The rumors about Obama taking away gun rights started pre election in 2008. It is the definition of delusional and likely promoted by those that benefit financially.

7. superchemicalgirl

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    That's true for everything recently is what it seems. Everyone seems to be rabid.

I love my national parks, but they're getting crazy with their mailers, too. Today was: Your National Parks Face Critical Threats

I don't respond well to using freak-out language like that.

8. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  9. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I couldn't agree with you more. I had a "conversation" today with someone on FB about immigration. I don't care who you are, there is absolutely no way putting up a fence along almost 2000 miles of border is feasible and even if we could afford it, it wouldn't stop illegal immigration. We have to be smarter than that. 2000 miles is a lot of fence. You really can't imagine how impossible this is until you stand there and look east then west. I wish they would take all the DC politicians for a tour on a bus from the east side to the west side only so they can understand how silly that is. Can we get back to some semblance of sanity in our nation's capital? I don't care if it is a Republican or a Democrat, a woman or a man, or the ethnicity of the person, I just want a little sanity back.

2 people like this.
  10. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

So yeah.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by