The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    I wonder what that chrome crower would sound like greeting the dawn . . . . ahhOOOOOOOOgah?!! That'd bounce you outta bed in the morning!

Years ago I was looking to buy a miniature horse, and an online friend in New Mexico had a couple for sale. My husband looked over my shoulder as I was looking at pictures on her website. Her horses looked marvelous, but other than the buildings, everything in the background was the same shade of reddish tan - not a plant to be seen anywhere. Hubby laughed."Those horses would go into terminal shock if they came here," he said. They'd step off the trailer and go, "GREEN?!! What is this? Everything is green! Aaahhh!" It's true - we are surrounded by a green curtain here; the horizon only peeks at us from between the trees. Humidity through the roof, of course, but it looks good to me![​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    SCG you are sewing like a pro. I tried oven mitts last year and the kept tearing between the thumb and the mitt. Yours look great!

3. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

A balmy 48o this morning. Should get all the way up to the mid 50's!!!! [​IMG]
    No wonder my girls have stopped laying, they have no idea what season it is!!!
    Packed the canning stuff back away. With only a little over a month of summer left for us in a normal year, there is no way anything is going to make it in time. Looks like even the garlic is a loss because of all the rain when we should be dry now. That causes the bulbs to split making them useless for storing. Because of the cold out of dozens of plants I have only picked three tomatoes. Not enough time left for them now. What a waste.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  4. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama

5. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Lucky you! I am so ready for some fall weather now!

6. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    SCG, those look great. I would love to make pillow cases, to think of all the different material out there! How fun that would be. And the mitts too..get what you want in material. Might have to borrow that sewing machine back.

7. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    Awww, sorry about that. My garden was a bust because I just didn't have the stamina to raise chickens and a garden. It's 4 ' tall with weeds. (After I had it tilled). [​IMG]I'm going to put down straw this year and next year just plant a few things.

8. chickisoup

9. chickisoup

10. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by