The Old Folks Home

I feel this way completely. I breed some nice chickens. I want them to be good sturdy survivors for our area no matter how rare the breed. I don't raise and sell wimps that won't survive in our Texas weather.

I have moved to heat hardy breeds. I do not have to do special things for them.

Penedesencas and the Spanish breeds are ultra heat hardy to heat hardy. For his reason I don't not have Marans or CCLs.

They will die here without special care. Some even use Air conditioners in the coops.

I provide shade and water.

Last edited:
Look what I just saw....

[/IMG]

SCG..I'm impressed. You sew pillow cases..and mitts? Sounds like fun, if you know how to sew. I don't! My grandmother sewed, I know that much. Remember those patterns laying out on the floor, then the pins in that tomato looking thing. :D Then my Aunts trying on what ever it was while she pinned it up. Then her sewing. My mother never sewed. So, I never learned. I did sew the ends of quilts for a lot of years..that's the most I ever used a sewing machine, and all it was used for in my home. A daughter has it now.

Can you post some photos of your pillow cases and mitts? Would love to see them. :)

Back
Top Bottom