The Old Folks Home

California actually has a Tree Squirrel season: second Saturday in September extending through the last Sunday in January. The limit is four per day, with four in possession.

I once asked Mississippifarmboy if he would send some to me to try (before I discovered if was legal to hunt them here) but he didn't want to buck the "shipping exotic meats across state lines" issue. I have a local friend who grew up in Louisiana and has eaten squirrel who keeps promising to bag some for me. <*tapping toes impatiently*>

One of The Pub regulars originally from N. Carolina has offered so maybe this Fall I will be able mark this off my Bucket List.

Yah, yah, my bucket list is pretty simple.
It's the simple things. But you should throw a few impossible sounding ones on that list too, always good to have something to dream about.

roll.png

Its my 11th day in a row not being sent to jail
The day is still fairly young... at least in some places. Just keep behaving and you'll be surprised how long you can go without having to look between the bars.

vehve, I "quoted" your spicy bundt cake post but it didn't show up.

What kind of spices? This semi-toothless pensioner has an inquiring mind and needs to know!

Quote: We did not go out to eat either we ate home cooked food. I recall when I saw a cereal commercial and I asked mom if we could have some she thought I had lost my mind. We ate eggs, oatmeal, or malt-o-meal or cream of wheat. All the years I raised my children we only ate out maybe once a month other than that we ate home cooked foods.

I don't cook full meals often.

When I call out, "Time for supper!" My kids run get in the car....
That is funny Wisher!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom