The Old Folks Home

Oz, sounds like that is a very special burger then. For a long time I didn't like my own homemade burgers that much, but around the time I learned to cook the perfect steak I also learned how to make great burgers. I'm a bit biased, but I think my own bacon and emmental burgers are the best I've ever had. Matured cheddar is nice too. And our store sells locally produced minced angus every once in a while, that makes for some awesome burgers. Throw in some homemade BBQ sauce, some good lettuce, a slice of beef tomato, some red onion, and some dijon mustard mayonnaise, you get something magical. Mmmmm.

If anyone is wondering how you cook the perfect steak, here's how: Cut the meat in a bit thinner than 1 inch slices. Let it rest in room temperature for an hour or two. 10 minutes before frying it, rub some salt and vegetable oil (not olive) into it. Fry the steak in one of those cast iron frying pans with a grid on it for 1½ minutes per side, and after that for 1 minute per side, at a different angle so that you get that nice cross surface on the steak. After frying, season with some black pepper and wrap the steaks into some parchment paper (not tin foil) for four minutes before serving. If you wrap it in tin foil, it will continue to cook, and you don't want that.

I'm suddenly picturing bama as a slumlord, for some reason wearing a purple pimp outfit.
big_smile.png

I'm suddenly picturing bama as a slumlord, for some reason wearing a purple pimp outfit.
big_smile.png

My grandson Patrick came to visit me this weekend and came in wearing a purple pimp hat. Of course, anyone in La knows that a purple pimp hat with a gold rim could only be the colors of the LSU football team. Then his mother came in wearing the T-shirt.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom