The Old Folks Home

I've lived on a couple different private roads. I think there was six homes on the one, I lived in a trailer in the middle of the woods off it, up a goat path four wheel drive only. One guy plowed the road in the winter, never asked for anything but a couple people would drop off gas money or bake him a couple pies etc. I would just drop him off 30 packs of beer that he would insist I drink with him, and I never asked him to plow my 'driveway' he just ways did. I really liked it up there, but for some reason the wife wouldn't move up there when I met her Lol!

I've lived on a couple different private roads. I think there was six homes on the one, I lived in a trailer in the middle of the woods off it, up a goat path four wheel drive only. One guy plowed the road in the winter, never asked for anything but a couple people would drop off gas money or bake him a couple pies etc. I would just drop him off 30 packs of beer that he would insist I drink with him, and I never asked him to plow my 'driveway' he just ways did. I really liked it up there, but for some reason the wife wouldn't move up there when I met her Lol!

Ummm.... so how come you don't find a wife that will?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Those maters are what we call "Slocomb Tomatoes". There is a town close by named Slocomb. They have a tomatoe festival every year. I have never tasted a better mater than the breed they grow there. They get huge.
Best of luck SCG. You have always been as cool as a fan to me.

Those maters are what we call "Slocomb Tomatoes". There is a town close by named Slocomb. They have a tomatoe festival every year. I have never tasted a better mater than the breed they grow there. They get huge.
Best of luck SCG. You have always been as cool as a fan to me.

I assume they might have mated with other tomato varieties in the vicinity and might be hybrid?

Back
Top Bottom