The Old Folks Home

Alaskan has episodes like this periodically.

In the olden days we used to blame him for everything and he took it really well. Like if you wanted to hatch all pullets and got all cockerels, you'd dismiss it by saying "it's Alaskan's fault." Or if your weather stunk , or people backed out of a sale you really needed, or your cake didn't rise in the oven - yep Alaskan's fault.

Then we either got tired of blaming him or learned to accept the blame ourselves. I think he is going through male menopause. That and the fact that he picked a place to live that is icy, snowy and cold.

I don't think
hugs.gif
is enough, I'm not sure what we can do for him accept allow him to rant.

Haha thanks DD. Maybe you could do a rundown for me of everyone! Lol

Or if everybody wants to just tell me a little about themselves, that would be awesome :)

Alaskan, may I :hugs you? :) I'm sorry to interrupt your rant.

Lol bama. Better behave. I'm heading your way the 15th. I'm spending thanksgiving with family in Wetumpka and Eclectic. Leaving for Arkansas on the 4th to my Aunt's and driving with her to Tulsa for my little brother's for his anniversary on the 7th. Gonna miss Maddy while I'm gone, but I haven't seen my family in years. Maddy and I will be FaceTiming every day.

We may be in Montgomery for thanksgiving. Lemme hold a $20

Thank you Diva, that was a very good run down..... I am still happy to take the blame, and all of the blame, as long as it is the blame for things that others have done. ;)

And yes, I do want to set a good example for my five boys (all still at home... None yet making money... The youngest is 7 :barnie )

I do also very much want to give in to my inner child and have a screaming fit along the line of "Alaskan is awesome, bow down or get kicked in the teeth!" But that is clearly very unchristian. :barnie so yes, I shall refrain.

Yes Bama man.... Alaska is now a solidly legal baked alaskan state... But I have never partaken :eek: I am planning on keeping it that way... I have enough vices as it is. :rolleyes:

I dunno, those crusaders probably kicked in some teeth during their travels. I don't think valuing things on their Christianity is necessarily the best way to go, but if you want some religiously motivated life choice lessons, the Golden Rule is a pretty good one. "Do unto others..." and all that.

And always remember, Jesus turned water into wine.

Back
Top Bottom