The Old Folks Home

OK, I'll bite. What's a Pig Derby?

Al, it helps to get it out. Keep venting. To us.

The Pig Derby is an attraction that consists of several livestock panels arranged into the shape of an oval track, and some animals trained to race around it. The pigs get called named like Spamateriat and Hambiscuit; the one that gave birth last night was "American Frankfurter" (not really her name). There are several races with different animals and different "themes" - the "college kids" are young goats, for example. There was a group of runner ducks, but they had to get pulled because our state has forbidden poultry in public this year. The new mother is not a potbelly, but some other small breed (I think it's Guinea Hog?) When the owner said a pig had given birth, I really thought it would have been one of the others - this gal was piggishly plump, but certainly not the heaviest hog in her group.

Alaskan, we all need validation and appreciation, at least once in a while. We appreciate you!

Last edited:

Bunnylady your horses should have won!

Happy All Saints Day! I would have wished everyone a happy Halloween but I was terribly side tracked yesterday. Decided I really wanted a vehicle that could go off road to the places I want to get pictures but can't because we just didn't have the right kind of car. Went and test drove the Jeep Renegade and the Nissan Frontier. Both are very well rated for off roading. Decided on the Frontier mainly because it has more ground clearance. I am thrilled with my new truck.

This was before they took the rest of the protective shipping wrap off the vehicle. It had just arrived the day before at the dealership. I was the first (and only) person to test drive it. It is kind of hard to tell the color but it is a beautiful bronze/copper color. I drove a red one first just to see if I liked the Frontier and then the salesperson took me around back to see this one. It was love at first sight. I can't wait to try out the off road capabilities. SGC and I can now get into a lot more trouble!
gig.gif

Wisher that party tray looks good enough to eat! (pun intended)
We actually had about 15 kids show up to our house for candy this year. That is a bumper crop of trick or treaters for us.
Congrats on your new toy! It's a beauty!

Back
Top Bottom