The Old Folks Home

Ron looks like y'all had a nice time. Lovely pics thanks for sharing. I would love some of your cake.
droolin.gif

He has been wanting for the last 2 years to visit a monastery for an extended stay. The rule at the monastery though... Is no unaccompanied minors...

So.....

Monday he turned 18, and he flew out Monday night.

He has a return flight, per his request, a few days before Christmas.

And no.... He hasn't yet graduated highschool. But I talked to our "contact teacher" (my kids are homeschooled), and she said lots of Alaskan seniors do that.... But to go fishing, not to go to a monastery. Anyway, he took his SAT this last Saturday, and finished up his first quarter work for his English and math before he left.......

And there we are.

He can move the green chicken tractor all by himself.... Kid 2 and 3 and 4, all together can't really do it. -sigh- which means I will have to help.

Might have to get a garden tractor to help out Alaskan! And more food in those younger kids.

Interesting that he was SO interested in going to the monastery that he didn't wait a day more than needed. Could have waited until the first half of his Senior year was finished.

Anyway, good on him for being very secure in himself!

Alaskan I think it is wonderful that your son is interested in visiting a monastery. He also used his head and got done what he needed to before he went. I know you must be very proud.

I know I'm bad, but I can fully understand why he would be excited, and anxious to visit a monastery that made beer, or wine, but how in the world could he get all worked up, and impatient about going to a monastery to PICK OLIVES!
idunno.gif

:lau

I can see that...... :D

But I actually like olives.... And homemade true olive oil must be close to drinkable :drool

But to be honest.... I don't think he had any idea that they had olives... Or that he would work with the olives..... He was thinking he would be doing some kind of manual labor... But dish scrubbing, floor scrubbing, garden weeding... No idea really...

He just wanted to go down to pray and see if the big block of time focusing on prayer would make it clear to him what he should do with his life. :idunno

lau.gif

I can see that......
big_smile.png

But I actually like olives.... And homemade true olive oil must be close to drinkable
droolin.gif

But to be honest.... I don't think he had any idea that they had olives... Or that he would work with the olives..... He was thinking he would be doing some kind of manual labor... But dish scrubbing, floor scrubbing, garden weeding... No idea really...

He just wanted to go down to pray and see if the big block of time focusing on prayer would make it clear to him what he should do with his life.
idunno.gif
I commend his quest he has choices and wants them to be right

I have been looking for olive oil made from Souri olives. It's exquisite! Doesn't taste anything like any of the olive oils you've come to know. The first time my dad tasted it, he liked it, but assured me it was artificially flavored, and I assured him it was not. He found out I was right, and bought both my mother, and I a case of it. By all means, see if your son can bring back some fresh, cold pressed, unfiltered, unheated olive oil that he had a part in gathering the olives, or making the oil, when he returns home. Assuming the foreign man didn't sell him into slavery on an olive farm....
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom