The Old Folks Home

Huh!

That is a good point about the olive oil...... I don't even know if they sell it, but I am sure I would love it.

I am worried that they probably use it all themselves... Probably eat large quantities and then burn the rest of it in vigil lamps. :idunno

I'll have to ask my boy.

Hadn't thought about the process at all Deb... Is it pressed like wine or cider?

I know it's much easier to just type Al, but I always call Alaskan, Alaskan out of respect. If he/she doesn't want to reveal gender who cares??

Huh!

That is a good point about the olive oil...... I don't even know if they sell it, but I am sure I would love it.

I am worried that they probably use it all themselves... Probably eat large quantities and then burn the rest of it in vigil lamps.
idunno.gif

I'll have to ask my boy.

Hadn't thought about the process at all Deb... Is it pressed like wine or cider?

yep but under higher pressure

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/how-olive-oil-works1.htm

deb

barnie.gif

But what happens to the mashed olives? No lovely olives to eat!!

Please tell me something delicious happens to the mashed stuff.....

olive oil is made from uncured olives..... nasty nasty things loaded with tanins.... Besides its made with the crushed pits included.

You woudnt want to eat the mash, But I suspect it could be used as animal feed supplement.

deb

Back
Top Bottom