The Old Folks Home

Deb,love your new avatar.

I agree.... It is quite festive!
ya.gif

Thanks its a stylized picture of how draft horses are decorated..... I drew it.... Thirteen for boys twelve for girls.

The braid on the neck is called a Mane roll.... and technically a braid of four. The roll part is about twelve feet long and the roll is braided side to side and the hair is braided back and forward.

below is a demo of the neck braiding on a pony... then the next is the braiding of the tail for show. My horse has a full tail bone and shires customarily are not docked... so when i braid her tail for show this is how I do it. When I braid for fun I do just a french braid.
0.jpg

deb

The pulp is used in making olive oil body soaps, and washes, skin care products, and body lotions, hair care products, and in some cosmetics.

While here in the US we don't utilize the pits as much as we should, but other countries use them as heating fuel, compressing them into logs, or blocks, they can be ground, compressed, and extruded like pellets, turned into briquets for use in bar-b-q grills, (I have personally used olive oil briquets on a grill, and they give a wonderful flavor to the food) ground into a fine abrasive powder which is added as the exfoliant in facial, and foot care products, ground and added into animal feeds.

On another note, they are bioabsorbant, and studies are showing that the olive pits, and limbs of pruned olive trees can be added to areas that are contaminated with lead, even in sewers, and absorb a large amount of the lead, greatly reducing the contamination, then when the pits, and limbs are finally disposed of, so is the contaminant.

Ooooooooooh!

I think olive pit briquets sound fantastic!

But then personally... I live on butter, and when there is no butter, on olive oil... And when I have neither...... Well.... :sick

@getaclue to bad more of powers that be do not utilize much to its full extent.
have to agree the olive briquets would yummy
clap.gif

Last edited:
I suspect that we will get there one day. You see, the United States is fairly young in the Olive industry. We are not members of the International Olive Council, which promotes olive oil around the world by tracking production, defining quality standards, and monitoring authenticity. More than 98 percent of the world's olives are grown in IOC member nations. Most of these nations have been growing olives for centuries.

The newcomers to the olive industry, such as the United States, and Australia, have adopted their own standards, since their market is local, and not global.

As we grow in experience, expand, and improve on quality, being able to sell our product on a more global scale, I'm sure we will be more industrious with the by products as well.

Ooooooooooh!

I think olive pit briquets sound fantastic!

But then personally... I live on butter, and when there is no butter, on olive oil... And when I have neither...... Well....
sickbyc.gif

If no butter and no olive oil: No sense in living!!
wink.png

Now I am super craving some yummy olives!!!!
droolin.gif

http://www.graberolives.com

Greenish brown and mottled. Taste more like a black olive than any other kind (I detest the taste of green and kalamata olives). Santa always put a can in our stocking. Of course it helped that I grew up in So. Cal., Graber is in Ontario. I suspect they would have been really hard to get outside the relatively local area back in the early 60's.

Back
Top Bottom