The Old Folks Home

Thanks so much! Doing everything that needed to be done just about did my boy in!

He had to restart so many merit badges because he would lose the little blue cards that you need to have to keep track of... He lost his book I think three times (where everything is recorded).

It was an enormous chore!!!

The actual work was a breeze for him... But staying organized, keeping track of paperwork, and tracking people down to get their signatures was highly painful.

hit.gif

Don't know why I am crying.... Maybe just relief!!!!

My eldest...totally by the skin of his teeth... Is going to make Eagle (highest boy scout rank). And the guy that read my son's "Life Statement" said that he was impressed by my boy!!!!
You are crying because there is nothing that touches parents more than to see their children succeed.
Congrats to you and DS#1!!

CONGRATULATIONS AL!!!!!!!!! That is quite impressive. Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it. BTW, putting Eagle Scout on his resume when he starts in the work force, can actually give him a big edge. Many employers know the dedication, effort, integrity, etc. that is required, and will give preference to them, knowing they're getting an employee of good character.
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif
yesss.gif
wee.gif

I admit I rarely read other threads than this and my state thread, but I love the member interviews.
I'm with you on not spending much time on other threads, but I, too, like the member interviews.
I use the "I've Posted" tab to make a quick check on the threads I've posted on in the past and once in awhile will check the main forum to see if anything catches my eye.

I seem to stick with this my state thread the other ones are ones I learn from
the incubating thread I joined quickly became too much I read everything saving most
the data in my documents to learn but go ask a few on on my state thread if
I do not catch something.... I do not care for the ones that turn into free for all

14433167_1097670646976885_7690581200114991748_n.jpg

Temps have dropped 10o in the past hour. We are going from fall to winter in a hurry this morning. That's ok, waking up to temps in the 60's this time of year is just insane anyway. Bad news is we are at peak color right now and the wind is blowing so strong there won't be any leaves left on the trees by this afternoon
hit.gif
and should be below freezing by dark. The rain will be gone soon so we won't see any of the snow that Ralphie will probably get. I have to hurry and harvest the last of my tender herbs today and it appears our power has held so I can fire up the big dehydrators.

Prayers to our peeps in the southeast and all their critters. Please do your best to stay safe and dry. I was relieved to hear that my daughter and family were able to make their flight home yesterday from their visit to my granddaughter who just recently took a new job as a primate keeper at a zoo near Boca Ratan. They are not in the hurricane zone but still in the tropical storm warning area. Hoping the zoo doesn't sustain too much damage.

Went to the Dr. yesterday. The current meds are helping. He wants to do the breathing tests on Oct. 20., and says there is a good possibility that I will be over this by then, and he can clear me for the surgery, if I continue to respond, and heal at the current rate. YAY!

On another note: Matthew has passed without incident in our area.

Back
Top Bottom