The Old Folks Home

It's raining here, probably going to get windy, but we shouldn't get much... as far as natural disasters go, the Roanoke area of VA is pretty tame. We do have a fault line, but it doesn't do much, we have gotten maybe 3 shakes in the last 10 years and I missed them all because I was driving or sleeping while they happened, they weren't even bad enough to knock things off of shelves... we don't really have natural fires, every now and then some idiot will catch the forest on fire with hot ashes from a wood stove... it's too far inland to get much from the huricanes, and too hilly for tornadoes, we do get an occasional small tornado, but it has to stay on the main roads, as soon as it tries to turn off the main road the mountains kill the wind speeds too much and it dies...

@Kusanar We live in Western Washington in a bit of a valley
we do not get drastic weather here either but lots of rain this
time of year everything is wet

Went  to the Dr. yesterday.  The current meds are helping.  He wants to do the breathing tests on Oct. 20., and says there is a good possibility that I will be over this by then, and he can clear me for the surgery, if I continue to respond, and heal at the current rate.  YAY!

On another note:  Matthew has passed without incident in our area.

Fantabulous news!!

Alaskan congrats on your son making eagle promotion! That's awesome!

Not a farm just read your interview. It's wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
Went to the Dr. yesterday. The current meds are helping. He wants to do the breathing tests on Oct. 20., and says there is a good possibility that I will be over this by then, and he can clear me for the surgery, if I continue to respond, and heal at the current rate. YAY!

On another note: Matthew has passed without incident in our area.

Great news, getaclue, on the doctor's report and no damage from Matthew!!
ya.gif
ya.gif

Alaskan congrats on your son making eagle promotion! That's awesome!

Not a farm just read your interview. It's wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you, chicka!

Back
Top Bottom