The Old Folks Home

Wrist hurts pretty bad this morning, in a weird way. More like sore and weak, less like major pain so I think I'll be okay. Had a hard time holding onto the bar of soap to wash myself this morning, though. Typing also hurts.
Took a ton of (OTC) pain meds and went to bed early last night. I'm thinking they're all worn off, so need to take some more.
Have to head down south to go to the dentist today. I drive a stick, so this should be fun.

Wrist hurts pretty bad this morning, in a weird way. More like sore and weak, less like major pain so I think I'll be okay. Had a hard time holding onto the bar of soap to wash myself this morning, though. Typing also hurts.
Took a ton of (OTC) pain meds and went to bed early last night. I'm thinking they're all worn off, so need to take some more.
Have to head down south to go to the dentist today. I drive a stick, so this should be fun.

:hugs I hope it's not to serious and heals quickly.

scg, that type injury can be very painful, and usually doesn't heal too quickly. You be careful, and take it as easy as you can on the wrist. I know that's hard to do. I hope all goes smoothly at the dentist for you.

Well, I'm off to the coop. I wish everyone a wonderful day.

c17af30131bb1fafa22030afef557aca--happy-tuesday-god-is.jpg

That could be and the threads get so polluted I tend to unsubscribe when allot goes off hatching not so much the last two I have been on
we are not having contests on the main thread now. That he helps with the content.

deb, glad you're recovering nicely, and it's so good to hear more from you now.

scg, think flame thrower. It shouldn't take long to take care of your driveway with one of those, and if any critters get in the way, you'd have roasted whatever for supper.

Ron, be more careful, and stop wasting home made ice cream. If you must drop a bowl, wait until it's the store bought stuff. How's the cut heel doing?

No matter what you say, I really enjoy raising mealworms, and my flock is reaping the benefits. I use everything organic for them, and I quit freeze drying them. I just sift them, pour them in a bag, take them out, and feed a few handfuls to my chickens. Since they're bugs, I think they're much closer to what would be found in their normal diet, so a better choice as far as treats go.

I hope to get out tomorrow morning, and deworm my flock, and hopefully dust everyone. I want to rake out the hay, and turn all the dirt, but I can do one section at a time for that, so it doesn't wear me out too bad. When I get all that done, I will spray everything down. Spring cleaning!
I am keeping a bandaid on the cut. So far it is healing fine.

Enjoy raising the worms!

SCG -- Ouch! Do you have a wrist brace?

Mom loved lamb and I think I got that from her, although I am really partial to seafood. New Mexico got the railroad because it was a lamb exporter, so lots of availability and lamb-based dishes out here (unlike Las Vegas, NV, where Costco is about the only place you can find lamb meat.) A lamb burrito done right is divine.

My pullets -- hatched in October -- are pinkening up, but we haven't seen a fresh egg in ages. Looking forward to seeing what the F2 Bluebars and the FBCM lay color-wise. My friend -- who graciously rehomed my former flock -- just told me she's gotten a dozen eggs so far. (Oh, neener.)

We had a light snow -- very light -- last night. If you look closely it resembles somebody throwing errant handfuls of white sand about.

Morning all.

All I can say is uggghhhh. I do feel some better just cannot stay out of the bathroom and food has no appeal to me at all so while I do feel some better not all that much...yet. I'm torn between downing a bottle of Pepto and riding this out so the nasties all go away. I think I've gotten about 1000 calories down in the past three days.

It's pouring rain here this morning. Makes the thought of trudging up to the coop not feeling great really appealing. Not. Guess I'll be bundling up with a rain slicker (the birds hate that thing) putting on my muck boots, grabbing an umbrella and gettin er done as they say.

Was pouring rain yesterday and thunderstorms last night. Since ground is quite frozen- water is mounting up on low side of property and end of driveway.

People across the street have a perpetually "under water," driveway. It's such a short driveway, just enough for two vehicles to park side by side. I wonder why they don't have driveway re-done so the level would be raised ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom