The Old Folks Home

Just got back from buying a very old sewing machine and cabinet. The lady bought it at an antique store in 1978. (Same year we got married).
00g0g_9LA5LnNqKSy_600x450.jpg
01010_15qsa8S8qku_600x450.jpg

Erp.......1978......very old? C'mon guys, I was 25 years old in 1978. I ain't old and no, nobody can saw me in half and count my rings either!

Those sewing machines would be snatched up faster than a duck with a June bug around here. The Amish women all sew with treadle sewing machines.

Started cleaning out the bantam coop. Little ingrates. The minute I shoveled an area clean they just went on a 'dig for treasure' rampage and kicked litter back into the area. I think I have about half of the litter out. Doing a bit at a time which is about all the time I can stand wearing that freakin particulate mask. Made hot rolls for dinner to go along with the left over shepherd's pie. DH made a 5 inch embroidery hoop for me. This is the second one that he has made on his 3D printer. Very nice and all I have to do is tell him the size I need and it magically appears. So far I figure that he's saved me 7+dollars. The hoops around here are about 4 and to 3D print them takes about 50 cents worth of material and electricity.

The rest of the afternoon was spent outside battening things down for winter. I have a persistent rat that keeps digging under my small coop. Stuffed bait down the hole yesterday and covered it with a grate and concrete box so the idiotic Buff Orpingtons couldn't get into it. When I uncovered the tunnel, the bait was gone so it is a dead rat walking and doesn't even realize it yet....wait for it.....

Just got back from buying a very old sewing machine and cabinet. The lady bought it at an antique store in 1978. (Same year we got married).
View attachment 1567481
View attachment 1567482

Did you get a brand on that as it looks like the White my Ma learned on, mine was like 4 years later than hers
OH Look Dead Rat ....... We did burgers on the grill home made deviled egg potato salad and chips 004.jpg

I did do a splurge today. Found these for winter coop wear on Amazon after spending two days looking on Flea Bay,

61FfuSq%2BbzL._SL1200_.jpg

Thought they were cute. DH asked me if I realized the chickens wouldn't like the fact that they were red. Frankly, I'm curious to see how many fights break out with my foot.

Really like my black walmart rubbers wide at the top. My cockerel, rooster now did not like me wearing a red hat to the coop got all fluffed then wagged his wings at me

Cap --
Pretty machine. Gotta love old ironwork and carving. Does the sewing machine work?

- - -
Ron --
I don't suppose the Panda Express episode will deter DD & Co. from future shopping?
Glad they're feeling better. Food poisoning is understatedly dreadful.

- - -
SCG --
Yep. Another gorgeous quilt. I bet if you had nothing but black fabric you could make it a work of art. Gawd, what talent

- - -
deb --
Such intricacies! Quite the visual delight in your wirework.

- - -
Diva --
What's the fun in being a little old lady if you can't be a dirty little old lady? I know gals that have been training for it all their lives. Looks like you're a natural! (Could it be something in the ice cream?)

Yes we are planning to mount to skids and drag it up with the truck. Still too heavy for me to do myself and it's not like I can attach it to my little suzuki and drag it around. We do not have an ATV.
Something to roll it on would work also. I move around my way too heavy small coop on six inch or so small round logs. Pry it up with a crow bar to put the logs under one end and pick up the other side with a long bar, rolls right along easy six to eight feet at a time. To turn just put the logs on a angle it'll roll the direction you put the rollers, sometimes pry the coop around. I've moved it a couple hundred feet up hill even.

Back
Top Bottom