The Old Folks Home

Yup dude it is difficult but I agree, the improvement in my breathing made a huge difference. The two hikes I couldn't do when I was smoking I completed more than once. I have hiked to South Willow lake now probably four times and Lake Blanche twice. Both times I hiked to Lake Blanche I was rewarded with photographs of moose. It is so worth the work to completely quit. You keep working on it. You have a huge cheering squad here for you. :weee

Thanks Cynthia. Had to go back and he gave me a referral to an ortho for next week. But I am following directions and taking it easy as possible.
big_smile.png
When I went in for the knee replacement surgery the DR put me on calcium + Vit D3 tablets 3 times a day. Still on them.
thumbsup.gif

here in the summer I could put the chicks outside... WE do get a big temperature drop between night and day though so when I do the brooder outside I will have a plain old light bulb for night time.

But I am not intending on raising birds to the Nth degree for resale. I hopefully will get some broodies established for the chick and keet duty.... and for Muscovy duck duty when I am ready.

deb
Deb I really wanted to try the white muscovies, but then I read how incredibly hard to catch and process the males are so I decided to leave that to the younger folk. I may try it and have my handyman come after them and process. Taste like veal? So I hear. Who can afford beef anymore.

@ronott1 , @chickadoodles : this 1588 is gangsta. Thanks for the advice. Just candled and 100% shows veining
Yeah, dude, I love mine. Set it and forget it. I do have to add water occasionally but it is so easy. I've pulled two clears out of 42 and other than a few dark ones I can't candle I have 100% going also. I certainly didn't expect this. Last one was a Farmers Innovators and I had like 2 out of 15. Sad. Now, for a place to put them. They are about day 11.

Edited for content: I bought all the fixings for making my own swamp cooler for the storeroom until I found out that La is too humid. Bummer. We use to have one in the window of a house in Dallas when I was a kid. Total different humidity in 250 miles.

Last edited:
CC, I'm not saying it would hurt in any way either. Who knows, you might even be able to charge more for the chicks with them being in tune with the universe and everything
tongue.png

Beer, I haven't seen any data, but I would assume that stress might be a triggering factor for labor. I know a lot of babies are born ca. 9 months after storms too...

lot of women actually birth according to the phase f the moon. I guess the moon pulls at the amniotic fluid, just like it pulls the waters in the oceans and causes tides?

I mean the ginger ale, it's only kept in room temperature for about a day, and then in the fridge for about a week before it's done. Or you can rush it by bottling after a day and keeping the bottles in room temperature for a couple of days.

The mead should get considerably stronger though, I think they can go as high as 20%, so that's pretty potent.
For some reason I thought that mead was made with some kind of grain. So I've learned something. I love Kombucha and have the scoby. I need to make another batch. In this heat it will make in 3 days or so. Then bottle with fruit and sit for a day out and then fridge. It's ready to drink. So good

Back
Top Bottom