The Old Folks Home

Tinnitus is a ringing noise in your ears right?

More of a squeal in my case. Sort of like putting a conch shell to your ear only higher pitched. The intensity varries with ambient noise and sometimes i dont notice it but mostly its always there. Not sure where they get "ringing". Dont notice it with tv on but worse under certain driving conditions. Most noticeable when no ambient noise. (No competition or distraction so brain focuses on it)

Tinnitus is not actual noise, it is manufactured by your brain to make up for frequencies it no longer receives from your physical ear. Your brain tries to compensate for hearing loss.

Last edited:
More of a squeal in my case. Sort of like putting a conch shell to your ear only higher pitched. The intensity varries with ambient noise and sometimes i dont notice it but mostly its always there. Not sure where they get "ringing". Dont notice it with tv on but worse under certain driving conditions. Most noticeable when no ambient noise. (No competition or distraction so brain focuses on it)

Tinnitus is not actual noise, it is manufactured by your brain to make up for frequencies it no longer receives from your physical ear. Your brain tries to compensate for hearing loss.
Oh interesting. My sister used to get this when she was younger, and she said it sounded like a train going down the tracks. So it's a result of hearing loss? I'm really curious now so I'm going to go google it.

Goldang it Kusanar... That brought back memories of football player injuries I've seen... OUCH! How can you ride horses with that?

Quote:
snapped an ACL once trying to break my fall from about 17 hands up....
th.gif
Left knee I was rolling around under my horse screaming and cursing a blue streak and all mom could say was "Dont Scare the horse"..... Goofball horse planted her feet and looked down "Whatcha doin down there Ma?"

deb

Lol Deb, I have my horses "trained" so when I get on them, sometimes my hip dislocates and I have to do the oddest squirming around on their backs to fix it, they all just stand there and wonder what on earth I'm doing... There was a time when I was about 13-14 that I couldn't ride because my knees hurt so bad, I could get on and walk, but I couldn't trot, my mom didn't believe me when I told her my knees hurt until the day I got on my horse and rode for about 10 minutes because we were both bored from just walking so I just got off... and that was BEFORE I blew my knee out at around 16-17 years old...

My third kid has horrid bad knee pain.
idunno.gif
took xrays.. Nothing to be seen... So they said growing pains.

Now after almost 8 months the knees are getting a little better. He is 12.

My 1st & 3rd suffered from terrible growing pains (not sure why #2 didn't.) A lot of miserable nights with hot towels, heat packs & children's Tylenol.

Back
Top Bottom