The Old Folks Home

Chicka, we take them out of their pen to eat some grass every once in a while. They wouldn't stay in that full time.

Ron, yeah, possibly we're gonna get the peak of that mountain as a 100 year birthday present. At the moment, the highest spot in Finland is located about 40 meters (130 feet) from the peak of Haldefjäll (or Halti in Finnish). Moving the border so that that it's peak would be within our boundaries would raise our highest spot by 7 meters (21 feet). But we'll see if it happens. Would be a pretty fun gift at least.

I'm thinking one of the problems is that even though California isn't that wide, it is a bit higher above sea level once you get further from the coast. Pumping up the water would be quite the project. If it would be the other way around, transporting the wet stuff would be a lot easier. Helsinki gets it's water from 75 miles away, using the worlds second longest water tunnel system (NY beats us by about 10 miles with the Delaware aqueduct). (Bruce, notice how I'm throwing around Finland facts inconspicuously)

I live about five minutes from the last of the series of reservoirs that feeds that, Cannonsville reservoir, the last and largest one, 455sq miles (1,178sq km). It's a shame they destroyed some nice towns when they flooded the valley's. But it is excellent fishing, beautiful mountains for hunting. I posted a pic awhile back of my oldest and her boyfriend who is catching some nice big trout there, dd has caught some nice one's also there this yr.
It actually starts here, travels through a 44mi West Delaware Tunnel before it gets to the 85mi Delaware Aqueduct, so it travels 129 miles all together not counting the length of the reservoir where it starts, or the other tunnels, 95% supplied by gravity.

Last edited:
BF told me to go out last night with a black light and "hunt" for hornworms on my tomato plants - the thought being the white on their backs would glow.

Well, it appears everything glows under a black light (I apparently missed that part of my teenage years). Especially giant spiders.

Back
Top Bottom