The Old Folks Home

No, but, if you eat enough of them, you might get a tapeworm and lose some weight... (something I've considered a time or 2...)

Tapeworms, I remember the 3 Stooges line. Moe said "I'll have burnt toast and a rotten egg." " I've got a tapeworm and it's good enough for him." :sick

:lau

Like a spoiled brat.

He refuses to eat or get out of bed and move if my mom isn't there holding his hand.

We had hoped to spend 1 to 2 nights a week with him, the rest off somewhere. ..so my mom could have a brake and my son who has never traveled could see stuff.

But my baby sister, even with threats and sweet talk and everything else she can think of, ...keeps striking out.
Oh dang.... :smackyour baby sister.... for me...

deb

Like a spoiled brat.

He refuses to eat or get out of bed and move if my mom isn't there holding his hand.

We had hoped to spend 1 to 2 nights a week with him, the rest off somewhere. ..so my mom could have a brake and my son who has never traveled could see stuff.

But my baby sister, even with threats and sweet talk and everything else she can think of, ...keeps striking out.

Any chance you & your son can slip out go see a few things without them? My extended family has screwed up lots of my kids vacations... There's nothing like driving 1,500 miles to sit in someone's livingroom every single day.

Alaskan, speaking from a wealth of experience dealing with the elderly, I can safely suspect that what is happening with your father is that he is exhibiting the last bit of control he has over his life.

Makes it hard on the caregivers. Can you try having your mom talk to him on the phone?
She talks to him multiple times a day...sometimes every hour.

And yep... now that we are stuck here, I took my kid and did stuff with him this morning. ..it was fun just the 2 of us.

Right now he is playing with all of the cousins and having fun.

She talks to him multiple times a day...sometimes every hour.

And yep... now that we are stuck here, I took my kid and did stuff with him this morning. ..it was fun just the 2 of us.

Right now he is playing with all of the cousins and having fun.
How's the situation with the pet sitter going? Animals still have food?

Back
Top Bottom