The Old Folks Home

Thanks guys. Found her under the coop not moving and shivering. Fished her out and brought her inside. Did a cursory inspection and nothing major popped out. She's got food and water and drank and ate a bit but really sloppy. If I had to guess it's crop problems and I've never had great luck with that. She is old.
Bf got home about 90 minutes ago. She's still shivering and hasn't moved and he turned a heat lamp on near her.

My guess is about 48 hours .

Thanks guys. Found her under the coop not moving and shivering. Fished her out and brought her inside. Did a cursory inspection and nothing major popped out. She's got food and water and drank and ate a bit but really sloppy. If I had to guess it's crop problems and I've never had great luck with that. She is old.
Bf got home about 90 minutes ago. She's still shivering and hasn't moved and he turned a heat lamp on near her.

My guess is about 48 hours .
I am so sorry! :hugs

:hit

This morning she's under the heat lamp (it's far away) and still shivering. She drank about a pint of very very light sugar water overnight at least and seems to be a little more perky. Still gurgly. I don't have my hopes up but she's not spiraling as quick as I thought.
Gave her a flake of hay and moved the heat lamp a little closer.

She was born 1 January 2012 and was sassy from day 1
FB_IMG_1547621838753.jpg

Stage 1 – The first week after surgery

• Clear liquids only. These include:
    • Water
    • Decaf Tea
    • Sugar-free Popsicles
    • Broth
No wonder there is fast weight loss at first, there are nearly 0 calories the first week! Gonna take some fortitude to make it to week two. How does one even have the energy to get out of bed and to the kitchen for "food"? Or do they keep you in the hospital and bring the "food" to you?

:hugs @superchemicalgirl, it's going to be hard.

Back
Top Bottom