The Old Folks Home

I've been prescribed antibiotics a number of times. I've been surprised at how complex the decision has become. Different germs respond to different antibiotics, and if they stop responding, the doctor doesn't just throw darts at a dartboard. There are specific protocols. Sometimes they have to test you to see exactly which germ is making you sick.

So I think DIY antibiotic choice is very risky, and undoubtedly contributing to the mess we are in with drug-resistant bacteria.
By 2050 it is predicted that bacterial infection will be mans biggest killer overtaking cancer, heart disease, stroke etc.
All due to indiscriminate antibiotic use and the inevitable development of resistance.
Imagine all bacteria acting like MRSA. Your "simple" chest infection or UTI will kill you like in the pre antibiotic era.

Not sure the
Again, germs are going to mutate anyway, no matter what. It's what they do. Even if all antibiotics were banned all over the planet for the next 60 years, in 60 years plenty of today's germs would have naturally mutated enough, that most of today's treatments would be useless, including antibiotics.

My daughter, and I had an interesting discussion. In 300 years from now, the viruses, and diseases, for the most part, would be radically different from the ones we face today. Just like now, many illnesses, and ailments that were serious in yesteryear, are harmless, or have been eradicated now. In 300 years, I suspect a lot of what we face today, will be things of yesteryear. In that time, there will be diseases, and illnesses they will face, that we've never even heard of.
Not sure the human race as we know it has 300 years....

I was just reading today about the study published in the 90's that supposedly said that vaccines caused autism. (They DON'T.) The study was retracted years later (which is a big deal) but people are still quoting it. Most of the quotes were to say it the results were false, but sadly, it's still alive and well, killing children.

Samoa actually closed all the schools. They are taking it seriously due to the sudden rash of deaths.
Too sad. Such a tragic and preventable way for a child to die

75640780_3485046324869105_9213698769776803840_n.jpg

So I got sick with measles, rubella, and chicken pox. Somehow missed the mumps.
Poor you, no mumps! :lau Got all those and mumps too. Older sister and I managed to miss out on the scarlet fever which my younger sister got, don't know from where or how we managed to miss it.

and chicken pox suppose to make us more susceptible to shingles right :gig
Sure does, same virus. After you recover from the outward symptoms and think you have it beat it goes and hides in your spine waiting for a sneak attack decades later. Mine was about 10 years ago, before I was "old enough" for the vaccine. One of the most painful experiences of my life. I got the vaccine a few years ago before the new one came out, guess I should get that one too because I do NOT want shingles again.

Hi Bob! I’m cleaning houses today...much quieter:D
Hmm, wonder why that would be. Maybe you could record the little demons some day so you can play it back while you clean houses just so you don't suffer in silence. ;)

As far as shingles is concerned, that horse is already out of the barn for me, I'm afraid. Got shingles over 10 years ago on my.....ummmmm backside? Yeah, that's the word. Couldn't sit comfortably, had lots of nerve pain. Didn't even know I had chicken pox. Nurse at the Health dept told me that you can get silent chicken pox. No rash or just one blister that can look like a mosquito bite. Scary.

Morning everyone. We had one last day of Indian summer Part deux. The temp was in the 50s this morning down in the 40s now so back to seasonable temps for the moment.

Having to give my plan to raise a few turkeys a lot of consideration give the inherited parasite problem we have hear in the soil and grass. Our neighbors have a few toms roaming around so I want to talk to them before I make my final decision.

There is always more Fayoumis to fall back on. Really really love those birds. So pretty and independent. Tut watches over his girls and the others like a tough drill sergeant and none of the smaller or older roosters challenge him.

Making bread today. Yesterday was hectic busy but hoping today is more laid back.

Morning all been early morning here, never had mumps tho missed that older half sister had it... Let dogs out seems the idiots that moved across the street and up got rid of the dogs they had as ours go the fence in morning but no dogs to bark with.. The eggs thief lived there seems he may be gone just his wife there now? saw her last she was very upset that the black dog pit mix kept climbing the fence to run loose

Back
Top Bottom