The Old Folks Home

I swear, the older I get the longer it takes to get over illness.
That is kinda the way it works. Part of the "sucks to get old"!

I guess we'll appreciate it when the temps hit 30 but till then, all bets are off!
30°F is OK, just over 30°F so that the snow turns to slush and the ground to mud is not OK. I'd rather is stay below freezing all winter. This above/below freezing yo-yo sh*t has to stop!!!!

30°F is OK, just over 30°F so that the snow turns to slush and the ground to mud is not OK. I'd rather is stay below freezing all winter. This above/below freezing yo-yo sh*t has to stop!!!!

Here! Here! Take a bow, Bruce, that was very well put!

Here it's like, Fall, Winter, Missouri Mud Gumbo, Spring. Only the Mud Gumbo season starts in November and lasts until about May whenever it gets warm enough to thaw. Hate hearing the chicken walk by me in the muddy run and their little feet make this funny squelching sound as they plod along.

And then the road turns into a mix of clay, gravel and horse poop that drips off the car when we pull it into the shop. I spent 30 minutes the other day with a scraper coaxing it to let go of the concrete floor and push brooming it outside where it belongs.

One car you NEVER see on our road is a Corvette!

Micro NO. Heavy fleece hoodies NOT good enough or sweat pants. You need some water(ice)
repellancy I don't care if it is spelled wrong. Tuff!!!! Hate computers that think they are smarter than humans.

You need some down ( goose not chicken). Lands end having sale now. Think I will get a long down coat. I also have their snow pants. Have a few down things from them - when the price gets low enough I buy.

We are coming up on some stinging cold weather too, with icy drizzle, sleet (what's the difference?) and snow. With windchills to 37F below. I hope you have a fleece face mask
they make a big difference and protect lungs from some of the ice cold. Too bad someone doesn't create a CHICKEN FACE SNOW MASK, so the birds won't get hysterical.

Heck I would wear one, just to scare the ladies on the senior bus - only kidding. Nothing I wear surprises them.

BTW any chance you are short/slim enough to wear XS it's called a t-shirt but its too nice a pattern and material to be anything but a blouse. ( you can convo me).

For some reason the company sent me 3- Xtra smalls. I had mistakenly ordered a medium and wanted to exchange for XS. They told me to keep the medium and do anything I want with it. So I have one medium and 2 Extra smalls. I'm just keeping one extra small for me

I'm thinking penny would be a good fit for the other XS IF, she doesn't mind a blouse that you don't do farm chores in. Good for going out with her BF for dinner though.

Will try to post a photo of blouse on this thread tomorrow. And try to include my MAD BOMBER WINTER HATS. I think it was penny who asked to see them awhile ago.

Geez, I'd hate to see the mess if someone left Velveeta in the trunk on a non freezing day. Better have it double bagged.

I would think the caramel would melt if it got warm enough, not as fast as chocolate though.
Big hunks melt here in the summer! Many of the will go liquid in the wrapper.

Thanks, @drumstick diva for the offer but although I weigh about 120 right now and am 5'2" tall, an extra small would be like trying to stuff a ten pound sausage into a 5 pound casing.

I wear a small top barely because a lot of smalls have shorter than average arms on them. Mediums are too baggy but the long sleeve length is right.

I really underestimated how cold it was yesterday. I've been layering fleece lined hoodies up until now but today I'm breaking out my heavy cold weather gear when I go out. I have a military grade parka that weighs about 5 pounds all by itself that we bought from a military surplus site. That thing is WARM!

I also have wool hunting gloves that are fingerless but! they are equipped with 'mitten' finger covers that you can flip over when you want to keep your finger tips warm. They are coming out today also!

My chickens do not like me coming into the coop with my hoods up, and when I wear my big 'bear' hat with attached scarf they go wild. The bear hat is a hood that is made out of long artificial fur and has ears on it. DH got it for Christmas for me a couple of years back. I used to wear it when we went out cross country skiing in our timber.

Good thing nobody has ever mistaken me for the real thing!

2 degrees here this morning with a high of 13. More snow tomorrow. Knew mother nature was going to catch up with us sooner or later. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Back
Top Bottom