The Old Folks Home

No, there is something funky with the camera. It was in the same place as before when I had several videos of the rats and the sparrows. It is about 6' from the "target area" where the box with the trap sits. And it was just around freezing last night, warmer than it was a few days back. It isn't a very old camera only about a 2 years old.
Lol age doesn’t matter I’ve seen them crap out weeks out of the box, others keep going for ten years.
Have you tried looking into the lens while it takes a pic? Sometimes the aperture fails on the camera..does it take daytime pics?

@Perris, welcome to the old folks home! Same to you @blackandtan!
thanks @microchick ! the time zone difference makes it difficult to have a conversation, but I'll try my best! Being an early riser may help, though this morning (c. 4am) was really too early - I'll be conking out by dinnertime :rolleyes:

I wish! I don’t think there are pure przwalskis in private hands anywhere in the world.
I have Norwegian fjords; I bought the last of the breeding stock from a retired breeder and got two more mares from someone else last year. My first foal is due in April, the other two mares should be pregnant now too but we’ll see...my stud is “enthusiastic” but he has terrible aim so I usually end up breeding in hand. Sigh - the things we do for our critters!

Przewalski's that arent in Zoos are on a preserve i believe Mongolia.

Yep here is the article from the Smithsonian.

And I belive they are Feral by nature and not really trainable. Like Zebras. I am still reading the article. Yep they are feral. with 66 chromosomes the most of any equid.

deb

I had a "me day" yesterday. It's been a LONG time since I last had one. I got my hair cut. She does such a good job. After that, I headed over to get a pedicure. The person I wanted, was on her day off. The gal that did my feet was not as good, but ok. Next to the nail salon is Bealls. I was mainly looking for shoes, but all Gloria Vanderbilt clothes were 50% off. Can't beat that price, so I snagged a couple pairs of jeans, and a pair of shorts. $20.00 each. None of their shoes enticed me to buy any. When I finished shopping at Bealls, I headed over to my favorite sushi restaurant. I had a delicious Caterpillar Roll.

I went to a couple shoe stores, and really didn't find anything I cared for. I've never had run-of -the-mill feet, so even as a child, shoe shopping has always been a bit more complicated. Comfortable shoes are easier to find, than comfortable sandals. As I headed to yet another shoe place, I had to pass a place called Happy Feet. I'd seen it before, but had never gone in. I walked in, and a pair of sandals caught my eye. The sales person walked up, and I asked him for both a size 8, and an 8.5 to try on. He tried to size me up, trying to figure out if I were the caliber of customer that would patronized their store. That proved difficult for him. I guess I passed inspection, because he started his spiel. I did step into the machine for a scan. It did a pretty good analysis. I'm an 8.5 for the shoes in their store. I asked to see the pair of sandals, that I was initially interested in, in my size. He brought them out, and they were the most comfortable sandal I've ever had on my feet. They were $79.99 on sale. I gulped. It was a reflex action.

I recognized that gulp immediately. It's the result of wanting/needing something that's worth the money, but dang, it's pricey. I've easily paid that much for a good pair of shoes, but never that much for sandals. AND they were ON SALE for that price. I walked around in them, thinking. I walked some more. Smoke began coming out of my ears. I was caught in a dilemma. I really did NOT want to spend that much on sandals, but the more I paced the floor in them, the more I realized how great they felt on my feet. I walked over, sat down, put them back in the box, very neatly. I was getting them. The salesman was still having a very difficult time reading me, and assumed I didn't like them, or couldn't afford them. He grabbed them, ready to put them back up, but asked if there was another pair I'd like to try on instead. I told him no, that I'd take those. There was a very brief moment that there was a look of surprise on his face. I got my shoes, and left. I headed to a couple other shoe stores, but I really didn't find anything that I wanted.

I decided to head over to see my middle daughter. She works at the H.S.N. (Home Shopping Network) outlet. They had a set of 12 solar pathway lights on sale for $24.99. I had previously bought 2 sets, each with 6 lights from them, by the same manufacturer. These matched the ones I got previously. We don't need to use all of them now, but we need at least 4-5 more. I told Dh to take out half of them, and save the other half dozen for later on, when these need replacing.

As you go to check out of HSN, there is a shelving unit with stuff on it. It's little semi-insignificant stuff, but usually 50% - 75% off. There was this item, it had a base to stand on, was about 3.5 inches wide, and about 8 inches tall, and maybe 3 inches deep. It had a plug, for a USB port on one end. I had to ask what the heck it was. It opens up into a desk lamp, with 3 intensity settings, and LED bulbs. As well as being able to use the USB port on your computer, you can use a wall adapter, like for charging a cell phone, AND you can unplug it, then put batteries in it, making it portable too. They were 2 for $5.00. I knew my grandson could use one, and thought about the times Dh was in the garage working on something, needing a bit of extra light. I thought about the times when we had a power outage, that didn't last long enough to fire up the generator. If nothing else, these would be great for that. These put out a lot more light than candles, and being LED lights, they're conservative with the battery usage. They're Bell & Howell, which is usually a pretty good brand, and originally sold for $19.99. I have no idea why they intrigued me, but I got 2 sets, totaling 4 lamps. I was totally surprised when they were a big hit with everyone.

By now, it was about 8:30 pm, so I was getting hungry, and tired. I stopped by Shells, a seafood restaurant, and got some baby lobster pasta to go. I came home, ate, started watching tv, and fell asleep. I'm still not setting the world on fire today, either.

Back
Top Bottom