The Old Folks Home

I got my butt literally beat by a guinea today, but Im going to post it on the guinea thread.
THAT was the most exciting part of my day.
Got poles put in the beans. That was the second most exciting part of my day.
wooo! Younguns must be jealous of my exciting lifestyle.
Guinea hens sound like a challenge!

These chicks have decided they want to eat the dust of the wood shavings!
They are driving me nuts. I added some find sand to the bottom of their brooder.
If they keep it up, I will have to put sand in their brooder tomorrow. :rant
They will do that with pine shavings but it does not seem to hurt them

deb -- You survived. You've got this! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised -- even though painful at first -- how beneficial the therapy is and the improvements to your functionality. But, yeah, PITA and elsewhere. HUGS!

Kind of like "unscheduled dismount," eh?

YEP!!!
View attachment 2169779

Here's the harvest yesterday of bok choi. Had some last night. Tasty! (Cannot honestly blame the varmint for coming back for more.)
View attachment 2169782
Nice to catch it!

It looks like a good haul of bok choi

Welcome to Old Folks Home. Does your parrot talk? A friend of mine had one that visiting friends couldn't tell what it was saying while I was ROFL. It was screaming her husband's name.. "John! John!! JOHN!!!" Smart birds.

(As an aside: I got all excited thinking it was Bama Dude posting. Anybody know whatever happened to him?)

Sounds like chicken math is happening!

It's not an either/or situation. Two wrongs don't make a right.

- - - -
Chicka --
I had a whole slew of keloid bumps and minor skin growths on my nose. A competent esthetician can burn them off and leave no scar.

- - -
Love the story about the beard on nose graft. My uncle had a skin cancer removed from the top of his bald head. They grafted groin tissue up there and, yes, he sprouted a patch of pubes!
:lau

- - -

Very sunny here today. Hummingbirds at the feeder. Roses blooming despite the late frost. Grass is growing and getting shaggy. It's a little bit of decidedly all right sitting on the back patio enjoying it all. Knees are getting creaky and dysfunctional, but being outside and doing reminds me I'm still alive and being somewhat productive. Sure beats the alternative!
Amen to that. (According to the dermatologist) I've developed an allergy to grass... so my flocks are doing as best as can be expected under the auspices of my husband's "care". WOW, what a pitifully sad life they are living now; and what must they be thinking of me since I can only watch from the window.

Yesterday I called and canceled the chick order. I really did not want 10 chicks. I found a TSC that had some pullets and went to pick them up.
they only had California Whites as pullets. So we got 5. I hope they will do ok here in the winter. I think the guy stuck a leghorn in my box. Ugh!

I saw the new cardiologist yesterday. He’s requesting my records and will order some tests. He thinks I have another blockage and that my aorta valve is not working very well.
I can’t lay down to sleep without a lot of pressure in my chest.
then I talked with the cancer center. I start radiation on Monday.
I went to hospital after 5 days of crushing chest pain - worsening aortic valve regurgitation - praying for relief soon 'cause C.

After 5 days of crushing chest pain I went to a nearby hospital - only to discover Covid-19 was rampant in the hospital... I checked out STAT - my aortic valve regurgitation will have to wait for treatment - praying for relief soon for you and myself.
That does not sound good!
No, it's not good at all, and it feels even worse... but gratefully I'm yet alive and can at least watch my flocks from the kitchen window.

Back
Top Bottom