The Old Folks Home

Cynthia -- When it rains, it pours. You're due for a long stretch of sunny weather.

Cap -- Goats are SO MUCH FUN! I'm a tad green with envy as our CC&R's do not allow any farm animals other than horses, cows and 10 poultry birds. Would much rather have goats vs. cows just for the sheer noise, fly and poop factors.
I would get them anyway 😂🤣🙈 I doubt they’d even notice.

Yeah, these little ones should be a lot easier to catch and handle that the big Kikos I had.
My new chicks are being shipped Tuesday!

Where are you getting all the energy?

Seriously, can you send me some? We finally broke down and installed the AC. It's close to 90 today and currently 86 with 61% humidity. Summer is here even if the calendar still say spring.

How are you feeling these days, Cap? :hugs

Where are you getting all the energy?

Seriously, can you send me some? We finally broke down and installed the AC. It's close to 90 today and currently 86 with 61% humidity. Summer is here even if the calendar still say spring.

How are you feeling these days, Cap? :hugs
Other than hurting my back ( disc issues) and my right shoulder, not bad. I did too much work on repairing the roof on the hoop coop all at once.
I have been very busy selling chicks! I met someone yesterday to sell some, and today as well. I had a great time shopping, it lifted my spirits.
Did get another kids playhouse to turn into a Mini coop. Next project, goat house.
Not bad over all. How about you?

Other than hurting my back ( disc issues) and my right shoulder, not bad. I did too much work on repairing the roof on the hoop coop all at once.
I have been very busy selling chicks! I met someone yesterday to sell some, and today as well. I had a great time shopping, it lifted my spirits.
Did get another kids playhouse to turn into a Mini coop. Next project, goat house.
Not bad over all. How about you?
Tweeked my back several days ago also. Bent over, it popped,didn't hurt until about 6 hours later when I bent over again and was sorry I did. Been giving me a run for my money ever since. Think maybe I broke off a bone spur? Whatever, sorry I did it. Felt some better today but I've taken it easier also.

I have the prefab coop ready for the bantam mom and hopefully her 3 chicks that are due to hatch anytime between now and Monday. Today is day 18 for them but with the hot temps the last two days they could make an appearance earlier.

The Chicken Tractor pen is coming along slowly but surely. I'm hoping to finish it up tomorrow. We have rain moving in on Tuesday from the tropical storm. They are calling from anywhere from 2-4 inches of rain so I may have a bad timing scenario going on for moving the moms and babies out of the coop and into their own area.

@penny1960, that is why I wear clam diggers and muck boots! It's a fashion nightmare but the cuffs of my pants stay dry and mud free when it rains!

Tweeked my back several days ago also. Bent over, it popped,didn't hurt until about 6 hours later when I bent over again and was sorry I did. Been giving me a run for my money ever since. Think maybe I broke off a bone spur? Whatever, sorry I did it. Felt some better today but I've taken it easier also.

I have the prefab coop ready for the bantam mom and hopefully her 3 chicks that are due to hatch anytime between now and Monday. Today is day 18 for them but with the hot temps the last two days they could make an appearance earlier.

The Chicken Tractor pen is coming along slowly but surely. I'm hoping to finish it up tomorrow. We have rain moving in on Tuesday from the tropical storm. They are calling from anywhere from 2-4 inches of rain so I may have a bad timing scenario going on for moving the moms and babies out of the coop and into their own area.

@penny1960, that is why I wear clam diggers and muck boots! It's a fashion nightmare but the cuffs of my pants stay dry and mud free when it rains!
I hope your back feels better asap! I found heat helped me a lot.

It does me also, Cap, along with rest. The Voltaren gel and Solonpas Lidocaine gel helps also. This isn't the time of the year for rest, unfortunately. I discovered that something was chewing on my bush beans. Couldn't find the critter responsible until finally saw a little striped beetle on a leaf. Thought I was done for the night, nope, mixed up 7 liquid and had to sprinkle every plant...with skeeters buzzing my head and biting my arms.....little bloodsuckers.

Saw a group of flies on the outside wall of the coop.....that's the official start of fly season here. Now if I could just remember where I put my fly bait last fall.

It does me also, Cap, along with rest. The Voltaren gel and Solonpas Lidocaine gel helps also. This isn't the time of the year for rest, unfortunately. I discovered that something was chewing on my bush beans. Couldn't find the critter responsible until finally saw a little striped beetle on a leaf. Thought I was done for the night, nope, mixed up 7 liquid and had to sprinkle every plant...with skeeters buzzing my head and biting my arms.....little bloodsuckers.

Saw a group of flies on the outside wall of the coop.....that's the official start of fly season here. Now if I could just remember where I put my fly bait last fall.
So tired of bugs! Tomorrow I am going to have to spray that coop for the third time! Like I need extra work to do!

Back
Top Bottom